Monday Morning QB: Raiders @ Titans Grades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Young is not a great passer But our wide receivers continually drop KEY passes. They stink as a group!

2. teegee

teegee Guest

Actually, going into this last game against the Raiders, the Titans receivers had dropped very few balls. I looked this up -- the Titans QBs had thrown 117 passes that were classified as "catchable". Of those 1117, the receivers had dropped just 5.

Those 5 drops were 2nd fewest in the NFL (SD had 4). And the 4.3% of drops/total catchable throws (5 of 117) was 4th best in the NFL

Now Sunday, they did have more trouble holding onto the ball. But on the season, they've actually been very sure-handed.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Interesting. Where does one find such a stat?

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'd like to know where to find those stats as well.
    Last week did have an unusual number of drops, not the norm. Gage did have a bad drop in the Houston game at a critical time.

When you watch other teams that are more pass oriented you will see quite a few drops, some by guys who are darn good WRs or TEs. The difference with the Titans is many passes are uncatchable as well. The few times we throw the ball we are seeing many uncatchable balls and when you mix in a few drops on catchable balls they really stick out. We need to execute better in both areas.

5. DJB

DJB Starter

It's Vinces fault? It's like he's Goldilocks throwing to the three bears....Troupe - "This pass is too high"......Ganther - "This pass is too soft".....Roydell - "This pass is too hard" How do you not blame the recievers?

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I thought the same thing. I was at the stadiuim when it happened, so I had no access to a replay other than what 'they' wanted to show us.
    This morning in the newspaper, they showed a picture of Troupe missing that throw. What got my attention was the fact that he was still in contact with the ground at the time the ball went over his hand. Looking at the photo, it looks extremely catchable. Was it poorly thrown giving him no time to go up and get it? Did the throw surprise him, giving him no time to react? Was it thrown to the wrong shoulder? I don't know, but it looks catchable.

7. DJB

DJB Starter

I saw that picture. The ball looked extremely catchable if Troupe had extended his arms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar