Monday Morning QB: Titans @ Steelers Grades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: When you go into the house of the defending World Champions, you better bring your A-game and the Titans were unable to do that last night in a 13-10 loss to the Steelers in overtime.

"Missed opportunities" was the theme as turnovers and mistakes on special teams nullified some quality play by the Titans on both offense and defense. "We're a better team than the Pittsburgh Steelers," FB Ahmard Hall said. "A lot of people might question that but if you look at the game we lost the game ourselves. We basically beat ourselves. I definitely expect to see them again and we'll have a different result next time."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Excellent on all points.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Coaching should get a D.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

And special teams should have gotten an F.

5. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

2nd half playcalling: F

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

david stewart should not have been in the game. he was clearly limping at one point in the game and was lining up too far back to compensate for it.

maybe stewart at 70% is better than the back-ups we have at 100%, but he was clearly not himself.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I hate losing by 3 after we kill ourselves. If were going to lose please let the opposing team beat us. Just another hard one to swallow. And why 10 days do we all have to suffer. The Titans love making us stew over these tough loses.

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Well I can't fault him TOO much if he was indeed injured but still, three illegal formation penalties is unacceptable. Even if the 7 men having to be on the LOS is a stupid rule (it is).

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Good summary. We definitely didn't look like we had 5 preseason games to get ready. I put that on the coaches. But given how many missed opportunities and mistakes we had, I like that we had the ball in our hands with 2 minutes to go and a chance to win it.

I don't quite buy the whole Titan's beat themselves mentality. The score was even near the end, each team had a shot to win with their mistakes behind them. One team had gas left in their tank and executed the plays. The other team didn't have an answer. We got beat.

But lots of good signs. For the most part we controlled both lines. Moved the ball. Won the turnover battle. Just a little sloppy and it got away.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Good article. Running backs should have gotten an "I" though, for incomplete. Because they weren't used. And a D for special teams is generous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar