Moneyball says CB makes sense early...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

Corey Webster, in my opinion is an under rated player. Won a Super Bowl in 2012, was 2nd for DB's in INT's with 6. Was 3rd or 4th behind Charles Woodson and Carlos Rogers... Wait I've heard those 2 names before somewhere.

Woodson won a Super Bowl in 2011 right before Corey Webster...
    Carlos Rogers plays for the 49ers, interesting he's now in the Super Bowl this year...

On a side note, it's sickening to see Michael Griffin's name tied for 10th in the NFL for having 4 INT's in 2012...

2. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

You need good corners, we have two, just not a top their guy like Woodson, Webb, Rogers. I'd love to have a top their corner...but only through the draft.

3. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Verner was a fourth rounder. McCourty was a 6th rounder. They are better than average starters. I agree that front 7 should be the focus in early rounds, because everybody else knows it too.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Bit McCourty is a number two while Verner is slot duty... Can't always get that true number one way late in the draft.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Woodson was playing NB/FS for the Packers. He blitzed a lot more than he was matched up man-to-man.

Carlos Rodgers and Corey Webster aren't top ten corners, but they both definitely had top five front sevens in front them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

please don't go by the int stat

7. The Playmaker

oh and please no Milliner at #10.

We need to...

-Add a dominating DT like Star
    -More quality depth at LB and DL (pass rusher and for when McCarthy goes down)
    -Two new Safeties (even though Griffin is going to stay) so just a SS
    -Another CB so we can put Verner in the slot (but not a 1st round pick or a huge contract)

Do these 3 steps and our defense will be much better

8. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I agree with all of the above (however, i do want to get Henry Melton via FA). With that said, I want our first order of business to be a full court press on Levitre. If we can lock him down in the early stages of FA, we can focus on defensive FA and the draft.

9. The Playmaker

If we get Levitre I'll ease up on Warmack in the 1st (even though it would still be a good pick) but I would love to add him and like a Landry or Moore at SS and hopefully just some more quality depth like mentioned.

I think that's a problem we don't really talk about as much, yeah we have some good players but really no one behind them. One injury and we're toast at that position, I'm not saying blow all of our money but one big add and then the addition of some solid role players would do wonders.

10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

im down for whatever theyy do since i dont really have a voice in the matter anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar