More proof the SEC is faster and better

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanJeff, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Goat's whiny response in 3...2...1...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Faster. I just don't get it. Faster? How are they faster? More aggressive? Ok. Faster? Not even close.
    As for more players in the nfl? Who has more STARTERS in the nfl? It's not an SEC team. The conference leaders by starters (average) is as follows:

1. SEC: 11.4
    2. ACC: 10.1
    3. Big Ten: 9.5
    4. Pac-10: 7
    5. Big 12: 6
    6. Big East: 4.1

The SEC averages 1 more player drafted as every other conference. And they have how many teams?? 1 more player than the ACC (an equal size conference) and 2 more than the Big 10 (a smaller conference).
    Now you figure it out.

:)

It's a myth. Thank ESPN. No one ever wants to argue these points though, because some guys on TV told them the SEC is faster! Not according to the combine. Not according to recruiting. So how did this nonsense ever come about?

I think people forget that the SEC isn't what it was 10 years ago. I know that fast florida team was chasing guys all day in the Capital 1 bowl this past season. SEC SPEEEED!!

I also find it hilarious that COWHERD, a guy that says the SEC is overrated is now on the bandwagon.

4. Deuce Wayne

And that article is pure hogwash lol. He's using "projected starters" like Jamarcus Russell to edge out a conference that actually has starters?? Way to spin that one! Banking on guys that havent even started yet to prove a point about nfl talent...pretty cheap.

I wish I could find the numbers by position and college teams. An SEC teamonly won 1 position out of it all. Ohio State won 2 or 3. Miami won 2 or 3. Michigan had O-Line of course.

I think the SEC team was D-Linemen. But 1 out of 10? Sorry. Not so impressed.

5. TitanJeff

I snagged this from an LSU site:

Total number of starters by the numbers of teams in each conference:

SEC: 137/12 = 11.42 per team
    Acc:121/12 = 10.08 per team
    Big X: 105/11 = 9.55 per team
    Big 12:72/11 = 6.55 per team
    Pac 10: 70/10 = 7.00 per team
    Big East:33/8 = 4.13 per team

There, that is weighted to take into account the different number of teams in each conference. The SEC STILL is number one by wide margin (over 10% more than the 2nd place conference).

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/MessageTopic.asp?p=8894322&Pg=1

The best point Cowherd made today was that if you removed Ohio State players from the Big 10 numbers, that conference would plunge. The SEC produces NFL talent from more teams.

Also, Cowherd point blank said he was a Pac-10 guy. He's no SEC homer.

6. Deuce Wayne

He's just a media head. And they all agree with whatever espn tells them. So in a way, he is a homer.
    Since you want to speak on depth by removing OSU. Michigan State, a 2nd tier Big 10 team has more players drafted than the SEC Powerhouse Auburn. That alone tells me a lot.

OSU has had more players drafted in round 1 than any SEC team. And the SEC as a whole only leads the next conference by... HALF A PLAYER every year. So yeah. The SEC is half a man more talented than conferences that have 2 less teams. lol

There are 10,000 angles we can take this one on from to suit our points, but in the end it all comes out the same: The SEC is the best, but BARELY the best. They aren't near as dominant as the media makes them out to be. They aren't near worthy of their rankings at season's start, and they're not faster than the next conference.

And the only argument anyone has anymore is OSU. Because OSU is 0-9 vs the SEC, that settles it! But...Michigan rapes the SEC while OSU rapes Michigan, so that should be mute?

Lastly - the Big 10 has a winning record vs the SEC all-time. If it's cheap to go "all time" then we can go with bowl records. The SEC edges them out by 1 game? Wow...domination! And the SEC is about to lose their winning record vs the ACC within the last 10 years.

So again: SEC is best for now. But only by a hair, and everyone else is gaining on them quick.

I think they're using the NFL gimmick now because the draft is backfiring on them. So much faster, yet NFL scouts disagree. NFL scouts are drafting just as many players from other conferences for some odd reason. Personally, if we're discussing college talent - I think it should stay college relative.

7. TitanJeff

At least you got it half right.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

SEC is the best. All their teams are good. Well, except Ole Miss and Vanderbilt. Even then Earl Bennett was drafted last year and that OL guy from Ole Miss is projected the best at his position.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

What conference produced last years champs?

[​IMG]

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Oh, and what conference produced year before lasts' champion?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar