Morgan a priority in FA

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

The Titans have reportedly made re-signing free agent OLB Derrick Morgan a "priority."

It would be a rare smart move by the Titans, who need to keep their good young players. (They don't have many.) Morgan isn't a difference-making pass rusher, but he's a good one, and plays solid run defense. He also just turned 26 years old. 2015 would be Morgan's second year in the Titans' 3-4.

Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter
    Feb 20 - 2:22 PM

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

If they can get him for a fair price sure but I'm afraid some team is going to offer him way too much to match.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Glad to see we want him back, he was one of the few good players for us last year. But like with Verner he may be sick of losing in TN. Balls in his court.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I can see Jax overpaying to steal him away.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

They have a lot of money to spend, could certainly make it happen if he wants out that bad.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

For me it's all about the money. A slight overpay is probably warranted. I'd like to see him back for a very reasonable price, because we have so many weaknesses and he is less a weakness than others. He's not a great player, but he is a contributor. I also like the loyalty message to players we have drafted.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think he wants out but I also think that Jax would have to overpay him because I highly doubt that he'd leave our sorry @$$ team to go to an even more pathetic franchise like theirs. I think he played very well last season considering he had never played in the 3-4. I think that he'll get better if he sticks around.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd be surprised to see Morgan stay a Titan just because he's a better fit as a 4-3 DE, IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Same but I'm still hoping he comes back. Would hate to have another need when we already have seemingly a hundred.

10. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

4 years $20-30 mil is pretty reasonable. Comes in less than the 4 year $36 contract contract Casey Signed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar