Morgan Doubtful for Week 1

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitans58, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Because we shouldn't have. It was far too risky to take him at 16. Of course you can say we should have after we know that Derrick Morgan tears his ACL four games into his pro career.

You don't take a guy in the first 16 picks with less college production, character issues and a habit of being lazy. That's why no one took him in the first round....

You still don't get it?

That's not what I was saying at all. They both have knee injuries right now and it's a possibility that neither plays week one. It's not like Derrick Morgan has been pronounced done for the season. That's what I'm saying.

You come in with no context whatsoever and say, "We should have drafted Dunlap," like Derrick Morgan is finished.

I'll leave that to the expert of saying stupid things.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm assuming you're talking about Gunny, to which he said this;

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Screw Dunlap, screw Piere-Paul, neither is a Titan so neither warants this amount of attention. As for our guy Derrick Morgan, this sucks, plain and simple. And what sucks a little more is that Deuce called this.

I say we give Morgan a full month to heal, he's a 1st rounder with tremendous upside, to rush him along with be stupid at best. Let the investment recover so he can do something. We're lucky enough to have 3 capable DE's for Morgan and even Jones to relax and get back to 100%. Ball, Ford, and even Hayes can hang in there, maybe Egboh sticks around because of this, and I'm fine with that.

4. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

Morgan and Jones have to be the two most fragile pair of DEs in the league

5. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

He got his knee scoped today and is out a few weeks according to Wyatt twitter

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Not to say I told you so again...

but who said this guy would never be healthy enough for us to care about when we drafted him?

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Good eye for remembering.

Some things I dislike being right about, but I had no doubts with Morgan for some reason. Like it was guaranteed.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

[​IMG]

9. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Not unexpected given the short time since the initial surgery.

In the long run, if he comes back healthy in a few weeks then no one will remember a game or two he missed.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Hopefully he can come back strong after missing 2-3 weeks. Let's not rush him, give him time to get healthy. Nobody can question his ability to play. Health is obviously a major concern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar