Most excellent Vince Young quote

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Crash Override, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

This is from a raiders personell guy:

"All I need to know about Vince Young is that he came up with one of the greatest performances ever in the Rose Bowl. In the fourth quarter, I saw (USC coach) Pete Carroll throw every kind of blitz at Vince. I saw Vince read the blitz and beat the blitz. I don't care what his Wonderlic score is. The only score I care about is 41-38"

It is true, that was probably the best single handed performance I've ever seen.

2. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

Yeah that is probably the greatest perfomance i ever seen. I havent been that amazed by an athletes performance since micheal jordan back in the 90's lol

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

That quote is on one of the posters tags on this board. I will remind you again, if Lendale gets one yard, VY never sees the field again and USC wins. Ironic they are on the same team now.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Or, since the 2005 Rose Bowl when Vince Young did the same thing to the University of Michigan. :rolleyes: :))

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Put Vince Young in place of McNair in SB XXXIV.

:suspect:

Based on what Vince Young has done in the past...

look. Vince is a winner. I'll leave it at that.

6. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

Dude honest to god, ive said this about a million times. On my facebook i joined a group called i love the titans (great group) and thats all ive been sayin. I think mcnair was great, but come on man, vince young woulda won that game. Vince sure wouldnt of thrown a pass short of the endzone. Vince young woulda probably ran it in. That last play the titans did was bone headed, im still pissed they ran a play like that. atleast make sure your gonna get in the endzone. dont throw it to the 5 yardline with a defender draped on your back.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

McNair was 22 of 26 for 214 yards.

The Titans were the first team to come back from a 16-point deficit.

The final drive was a master piece.

You'all are crazy. McNair did everything right. The guy was tackled. McNair showed to me he was winner on the previous play. He carried us into a position to win, a position no other qb had ever done before. Not Elway. Not Montana. Not anyone.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Tell me a fourth or fifth year Vince Young wouldn't have won that game. I don't know if Vince is better than Steve was yet but I do know he will be better than Steve ever was one day. Slamma, you are a "Vince Walks On Water" guy... I agree, I can't take anything from McNair, that's why I said I'd leave it at that, but I guess I've made a liar out of myself at this point, but surly, I bet you are compelled to buy into the reasoning that Vince Young would have won that big game if he were in it, right?

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I agree. And I think Vince could do it now. But both are great. McNair was a man that night. He was a winner to me. Vince will have his chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar