Most excellent Vince Young quote

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Crash Override, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I thought not playing Fisherball in the first half lost that game.

2. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

I agree 100%.

It was that game that caused the coaching philosophy with McNair to start to change imo. The reigns started to be loosened with Steve after that game.

Later

3. ShoTym

ShoTym Rookie of the Year

What makes it so good was the hype. Everybody knew Jordan was the man. Everybody knows Lebron is the man.

The media had all but given the Trojans the title. I had read how Pete Carrol was better than any coach in the Big 12 and his defense was better than anything Vince had ever seen. I read how Pete with 4 weeks to prepare would render Vince useless. Then I saw that. And yes if Lendale gets one yard game over. But the bottom line is Vince was given the ball and the opp to win and he did. I can go thru a bunch of plays that would have given the game to UT. Vince took that team on his shoulder and won that game.

Funny thing is, the Rose Bowl the previous year was more spectacular IMO.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Dead on. Fisher is right up there with Shottenheimer when it comes to playoff games. Let's play not to lose......

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i disagree. in '99 and '00 eddie george was our best offensive weapon and fisher gave him the ball. in '02 he let steve go crazy because he was then the centerpeice of the offense.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

In case you forget, we lit the Rams up in regular season....got up on them early and coasted, much of that due to some bombs by McNair. In the SB we played so conservative.......typical.

7. But, a lot of times taking chances in a big game like that will work out because the other team wont be ready for it, such as the Steelers Vs Seahawks superbowl XL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar