Most Important Stat for Success

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 27, 2013.

?
  1. Jake Locker's Passer Rating

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. CJ's Total Rushing Yards

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Time of Possession

16 vote(s)
    30.2%
  4. Turnover Ratio

15 vote(s)
    28.3%
  5. Defensive Sacks

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. Offensive Third Down Conversion %

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
  7. Offensive Red Zone Efficiency

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Of these stats, which is the most important for Titans to do well for a successful 2013?

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

TOP has been a killer for the Titans for a few years now. Wears hard on the defense. in the end I would say turnover ratio is probably the biggest. And it also impacts TOP.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

I went with Jake Lockers passer rating. It is hard to say though. A lot of these stats are inter related. Time of possession is really influenced by all of these other stats.

4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Defensive sacks for me. It doesn't matter how good your secondary is, if you give the QB all day, any D will get picked apart. I'm mostly worried about Jerry Grey sending 4 the entire game, giving the QB all day to throw.

5. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

There's only one stat that is related to points, so I chose Red Zone efficiency. The rest don't score points, and that's how you win.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

One that is not listed which is very important will be defensive third down efficiency.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. LuvYaBlue77

LuvYaBlue77 Camp Fodder

I will take all seven of these choices Alex. :beerbang:These are the days of the old Houston/Tennessee Oilers in transition, just a bit more talented.

Future is bright, as well as my girlfriend's headlights! :biggrin2:

8. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

Passer rating includes TD passes

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I voted 3rd downs. I can't begin to count how many 3 and outs we saw last year which resulted in late or no momentum at all. If we can sustain drives then we can at least look for a field goal.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I went with Time of Possession because, hopefully, that means the Titans are converting third downs, the offense is playing well (both Jake and CJ) and they're on the good end of the turnover ratio.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar