Most Lopsided Defeat in 17 Seasons

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: In the 40-7 blowout to the Chargers, the Titans gained 6 yards in the first quarter, 9 in the second, 63 in the third and 140 in the fourth. Coach Fisher said he was responsible following the game. "If you guys have any questions or want to blame anybody you can go ahead and put this on me," said Fisher. "I’ll take it. I believe in this team and I’m going to get this team back, period. They are working too hard. They are young, but we’re going to keep fighting. I’m going to keep doing what I’m doing because I believe what I’m doing is right." QB Kerry Collins also shouldered much of the blame. "I didn't make the right reads a lot of times," Collins said. "I didn't execute this offense the way it's supposed to be executed and that's on my shoulders." But there was enough blame to go around. "Embarrassing is not the word for this. Embarrassing is not the word, bro,'' LB Keith Bulluck said. "You can't print what I would say. It's (expletive) up. We are professional athletes, and we did this."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Several players mentioned changes need to be made and I think everyone here agrees. Watching the game it looks like Hill has no chance to cover anyone( sorry Gunny), Thompson simply can't make plays, replace them with Fuller and Wilfolk give them a chance it couldn't be any worse. Get Collins out and start VY or Volek at QB. Maybe more changes need to be made at other positions but these seem obvious.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

interesting how we amassed as many yards with Vince in for less than a qtr of play than we did the entire game with Collins

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Not really. The Chargers D wasn't playing in the 4th quarter like they were the 1st half. They knew they had the game won. They slacked off

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Exactly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar