Most Memorable 2006 Titan Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, Aug 21, 2007.

?
  1. First W

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Close But No Cigar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Going Home

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  4. Student vs Teacher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Giant Comeback

26 vote(s)
    66.7%
  6. Over the Hump

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  7. 2nd Time Around

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  8. Defense Wins Championships

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  9. Music City Miracle

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  10. Season's End

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Ok, ive put together a list of our best/biggest/most memorable games of last season. just curious to see what this site thinks is the MOST memorable. Ive named them to avoid confusion, and i will give summary's as well.

First W: Vince Young's First Win in the NFL against the Washington Redskins in a game that came down to the final seconds. 25-22.

Close But No Cigar The titans led the colts 10-0 at half time, but couldnt hold the colts, they fall 14-13 in a great battle between Vince and Manning.

Going Home Vince Young playing in Houston for the first time since college, makes sure the Texans regret drafting him, rushes for the game winning touchdown in overtime. Titans 28 Texans 22

Student vs Teacher the Titans had a 26-7 lead at half time, but failed to score or hold off McNair and the ravens, they lose this one 27-26.

Giant Comeback Tennessee losing 21-0 in the 4th quarter at LP Field, many fans had already left the building, Vince, Pacman, and Rob Bironas construct one of the Biggest comebacks in NFL history, scoring 24 points in 1 quarter and beating the Giants 24-21. Rob Bironas hit the game winning field goal from 40+ yards out.

Over the Hump playing them at the time the titans were 0-7 vs the colts since 2004, it was close throughout the game down to the final snap, tennessee had the ball on the 41 yard line, with little time left, fisher sent out the punt squad forcing Dungy to call a timeout, now knowing the colts had no timeouts left, Fisher sent out bironas and the kicking squad. 60 yards through the uprights, titans beat the colts in the light blue's 20-17 off a game winning 60 yarder from rob bironas.

2nd Time Around Tennessee Beats Houston again, but again it was no picnic, squeezing through 26-20.

Defense Wins Championships in a game where offensive players could of stayed home and slept in. Tennessee's Defense came through scoring 21 points and setting up the field goal for the 24th point in the ball game. Titans beat the JAgs 24-17.

Music City Miracle Tennessee led 30-29 late in the 4th, Buffalo had the ball in questionable field goal range for a shaky kicker, if the titans win they are 1 game above .500, loss and they can kiss playoffs goodbye, bills decide not to kick and go for it on 4th down and short, Titans hold them and win the game. 29-30.

Season's End in a game where bad blood boiled and hearts were broken, the Titans couldnt beat the Patriots for the 1 win that would have got them a playoff spot, it was close early but Vinny Testeverde came in and through a touchdown ending the season for tennessee.

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

giant comeback by far....

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

over the hump... but there's no reason to put the losses to the colts, patriots and ravens, they're not going to get any votes unless it's out of spite.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i love that sig

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

No other play or game should be referred to as the music city miracle. Especially that game since it didn't happen in music city.

6. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

The 60 yarder imo.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I went with Giant Comeback, but I was very tempted to say the Close But No Cigar... that felt like the turning point to me - as much as I liked Vince before then, I didn't know if he was going to be a college star & NFL flop. He answered the question in that game for me, and I think a lot of people saw it that way.

8. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

I loved the Giant Comeback. It truly showed every team in the NFL that no lead is safe with our team on the field.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Giants for sure..

But that win over the colts was sweeet! Maybe the texans game third..

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

thats exactly why i put that as an option, i knew from that game on Vince young was something special. i put giant comeback but the only 2 games i cared about that season were the 2 vs the colts..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar