Most overrated flicks of 2009?

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

District 9 was pure-D-crap! Crap acting, crap dialogue, crap plot, crap.

2. Smudger

Smudger Starter

Wolverine and Terminator top the list for me. Looked forward to both of them for a bit of mindless fun, both let me down big time.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think we are missing the point of overrated.

A lot of these movies may have been hyped but many of them were not highly rated when released.

4. Smudger

Smudger Starter

Then risking the ire of all the fans, Avatar for all it's rave reviews, fantastic animation and sfx, had a storyline that was lacking and for that reason made it overrated for me.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Hell, you answer all my points in your own post.. The IB you describe would have been much more fun.. I liked all the "Basterds" stuff but hated every minute of the boring theater angle. The first 15 minutes of that movie makes you feel like you were about to see the best movie ever made - but it just didn't deliver.
    And yes, Gran Torino was great - or at least Clint was (but he always is)...

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

District 9.

Finally saw that yesterday, I'm a big sci fi nerd, and I thought the movie SUCKED!

7. rastamon

rastamon Camp Fodder

terminator salvation...so disapointed

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree a very average film at best.

Their next production is a remake of true grit with Jeff bridges starring. WTF?

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Precious=obese girl gets hit with many different objects.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Wow... I can't believe no one has mentioned Up in the Air yet.

It was, by far, the most overrated movie of the year IMO. It's supposedly supposed to be one of the best films of 2009... I watch it and I just don't get it. What's the big deal??? It's average. That is all.

Other overrated movies:
    District 9 - couple of cool killing scenes, then everything just got repetitive and boring.
    Sherlock Holmes - it was okay... Rachel McAdams is smokin' hott and that's about it.
    Star Trek - decent.
    Inglourious Basterds - I really liked it the first time I watched it. Then it just died down on me fast. Good movie, but definitely overrated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar