MotW1 - TitanJeff

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Our first member of the week is TitanJeff.

I'll initiate with the first three questions..
    Ask away!

1) What team did you pull for before The Titans came into existence.
    2) It is "rumored" that you were the guy who designed the official Titans state license plate. How did that come about and what were some interesting details of the project?
    3) Three people, living or dead that you would like to meet and socialize with...

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Favourite GoTitans tailgate memory?
    First car you owned?
    Whats #1 on your Bucket List?

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Dallas Cowboys were my favorite team growing up. This is going back to Roger "the Dodger", Bob Lilly, "Too-Tall", etc. I lost interested in them, and the NFL in general, around the time Landry was canned.

It's a long story so will hit on the highlights. Diehard Dave, Titanium and a few others had the idea for the plate. Problem was, the Titans were not keen on it at first. But Diehard and T pushed on and got the 500 signatures they needed to get it approved by the State. Problem was, by the Titans got on board, the law had changed to needing 1,000 signatures.

After a few years (T can give you more background), the Titans jumped in and helped get the 1,000 sigs and gave permission for the use of their logo for the plate.

My part was probably the easiest. I was contacted by an old friend, Bob Hyde, who handles all the Community Relations for the Titans to design the plate. There's only so much you can do with a license plate. I had to fit things within a standard template because letters/numbers have to be a certain size. Where things got complicated was that the state went from plates totally made by prisoners to a new 3M printer which allowed for full color (the prisoners only have to stamp the numbers now). The guy with the state didn't know how to use this new printer so early prototypes of the plate had the Titans light blue printing purple and no way the NFL wasn't going to allow that. I worked with the state and they finally got the colors right. Once the State Troopers and Bud Adams approved, it went into production.

The best part is that a lot of great charities have received a lot of donations from the sale of the plate. It's in the multi-million range now.

Tough question. I wouldn't mind a dinner with Albert Einstein, Abraham Lincoln and Jesus. It would need to be a meat-and-three place.

It's always cool to meet any member of the site from a foreign country. It's serious dedication to come so far for a Titans game. Plus, they talk funny.

1976 Chevy Vega Hatchback. Took it to Panama City Beach after high school graduation and carried my huge home speakers in the back as we cruised the strip. :yes: Not a chick magnet.

Rafting the Grand Canyon.

• High Five High Five x 5
  4. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

1. Ever almost get fed up with the people and responsibility of this site and almost call it quits?

2. How many people have you wanted to ban for stupidity but couldnt because you know its not how you run the forums :p

3. Ever think the site would end up "the" place to come for good Titans talk?

P.S. ex Cowboys fan.. /points and laughs

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I've done this before (8 days in the Canyon). Best trip I've ever taken.

I plan on going back for sure.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why am I not an admin?

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

How did you come to be "the guy" for this site and how long have you been involved with it?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Dude, seriously I thought you were gonna be this nerdy guy with glasses who lives in his mum's basement (slight exaggeration) you turned out to be this giant who could break me in half like a bread roll.

I was fearful.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

With or without naming names, do you know of any Titan players who actually visit and/or post on this board.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Better question... how many accounts did VY have?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar