MotW9 - Finnegan2win

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, Sublime > 311

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Jeez, I friggin HATE Sublime... white douchebag stoner surfers trying to sound reggae/ska/polynesian? No friggin thanks. The very last thing that Bradley Nowell did was the best thing he ever did.

311 ftw. At least they were honest.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Harsh.

Well FWIW, Sublime felt 10x more "real" and "honest" than 311 ever did to me. But I guess that's why music is one of, if not THE, most subjective art forms on the planet.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think part of the reason I dislike 311 and Sublime so much is because of their fans. Everyone I know personally, are just complete burnouts.

Same goes with Pink Floyd and Tool fans. Yes I know they are talented, and I would probably appreciate it more if they could tell me why they are so talented and not just repeat things they read from magazines.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Pink Floyd is possibly my favorite band of all-time. If you need to have it explained why a particular band is good then it's probably just safe to say that they aren't for you and not spend too much time "trying" to like them.

As I said, musical taste is just so frakkin' subjective. I can understand why some people don't like Pink Floyd. And I have no problem with them feeling that way. Heck, a ton of people absolutely detest the Beatles while millions of others would tell you they're the greatest band in history. At the end of the day, nobody is right and nobody wrong.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I know, I don't actually need to have it explained, I don't care for Pink Floyd, but as soon as people hear me say that its like I just killed their first born.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, some people are ridiculous and take their fandom way too seriously.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

PF is on the list of bands I wouldn't miss, but don't necessarily loathe..
    311 is in that loathe group, straight up.
    Sublime comes from a different place. They remind me of The Minutemen at times (one of my favs), have a simple, unprocessed sound and the singer/guitar guy (RIP) can indeed play..

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Have the AoA album. Great record.

Weiland is a sad shell of his younger self. Look like a fragile old man who's lost his vitality. Such a shame,he had an epic voice in his prime.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If ur in a gun fight and die, does it matter in which order you were shot?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar