Move the draft ahead of free-agency?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

seems pretty ridiculous to me.

someone gets a high ankle sprain in the championship game and they're forced to workout at 70% at the combine because they can't have a pro day three weeks later and run a slow 40 time costing them millions....but i guess costing the kid millions is what the owners are trying to do.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Yeah but whoever gets picked at number one is still gonna get paid number one numbers. Just might be a different kid..

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't really understand why this would happen. I would like to see the draft moved up but not that much.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

The draft should be early April and always after free agency. That way teams know where they need to draft.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

This right here is the exact problem with the combine. WAY too much stock put in to it while collegiate experience go unnoticed.
    Also the reason why high projected picks fall low after playing great for 3 years, and why people like Chris Henry get drafted.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Seems to me it HAS to be after Free Agency. It makes no sense any other way.

7. 4EverYoung

4EverYoung Camp Fodder

But if Free agency were to be after the draft teams could select the best player and not worry about the over price player they just signed.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm against it, it would just increase the dead part of the year, which is long enough already.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar