Movie Quote Game

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Ha ha,here it is in all it's dated glory. Note the wicked witch of the west laugh at the end.Verhoeven is 70 this year & has two new movies coming up.

Hopefully her hasn't lost his touch of mad genius.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aI-Fg9chJzM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aI-Fg9chJzM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Sounds very familiar but I don't know it.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Not only a movie quote but a true-life slice of nerd culture wisdom between Lester Bangs and Cam Crowe. Of course Cameron didn't stay the course when he went on to marry Nancy Wilson, which was pretty cool in my book...

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

easy one

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The better question here would be who doesn't know that one?

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Hoffman's portrayal of Bangs totally reminded me of my best friend growing up (he was the type of guy who'd ask what you were listening to and hang up immediately if he didn't like the answer). I nearly died laughing the first time I saw that scene.

Almost Famous was a lot of fun (especially if you were alive in the seventies).

edit: bigtitan53279, Wizard of Oz? :))

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Have you seen Before The Devil Knows You're Dead?
    Philip Seymour puts on another acting clinic along with Ethan Hawke pulling a role you'd never expect from him.
    I won't even mention Marisa Tomei's "performance" which included a few profound scenes that would make any man melt like an ice cube in July..

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job."

10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Hoffman is a talented guy. Hell he was even great in MI:3. Is "The Devil Knows..." out on DVD yet? I could have sworn I saw some reviewer talking about it just recently.

Let me tell you what "Like a Virgin" is about... :)
    Reservoir Dogs

next:

"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar