Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

As long as they put the Prequels to shame, I'll be pleased.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You got the last part and it has Disney all over it

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

Like Ewoks? And then TWO more movies for Ewoks?

Yeah... Disney's not doing much more than has already been done by Lucas, frankly.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

the movie was crap,IMO.

But NOTHING to do with the kiddie elements, which they already showed the cute chicken hamster things in the trailers.

It's just that the story sucked balls.

It was better than the first two prequels, but that is a low bar. I'd put it under episode 3 though.

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Dunkirk: It wasn't what I was expecting from an action standpoint but it definitely had the Christopher Nolan Batman/Inception feel to it. The movie was kind of hard to follow at first as they jumped to different places and times sporadically and seemed disjointed at times. If the intention of the movie was to make you feel trapped on that beach with them then it worked. Overall, I liked the movie, but sadly, not enough to warrant watching it again.

#10285 Aqutis30, Dec 24, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea I saw The Last Jedi... wasn't digging it.

Overall I thought it was incredibly lame and didn't even come close to Force Awakens IMO.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Wow...some dire words coming from the forum re: TLJ.
    TFA didn't suck, but it didn't feel like much more than fan service either. My wife thinks I'm a huge SW nerd, but I'm not 13 any more and there's nothing groundbreaking about the SW universe any more either. Rogue One was good because it was a legit war movie that played down all the tech, especially when we're seeing a PDF file in BASIC in a giant metal box...awesome in 1977, but anachronistic in 2016. Now I'm gonna have to learn how to fake enthusiasm even more, or finally tell her to please stop buying me all that SW swag.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

@nickmsmith hamster chickens??!

Those are clearly cat penguins!!

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Would go see The Last Jedi again.

It was good. Not perfect, but only one approaches perfection and that's Empire.

Good movie.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Just got back from The Last Jedi. A better movie than The Force Awakens as we see Kylo Ren's and Luke after Jedi's story get more depth. I'm not a huge fan of trying to inject comedy into movies like this, as we are used to it coming naturally in the original trilogies but at least it was light and only for moments. I do have a lot of questions after watching it and the curiosity it left me with after it was over means I will definitely watch it again when the blu ray is released.

If this movie had a place of greatness among all of them I would place it with Empire, Jedi, and Revenge of the Sith. It's better than New Hope, Phantom Menace, The Force Awakens and Attack of The Clones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar