Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I agree! now what movie are we talking about?

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Only purchase 300 on Blu-Ray, Puck. It's all style over substance, and IMO, isn't all that entertaining at all; there are PLENTY (and I mean plenty) of better action movies out there. However, some people really love it, so you migh tas well check it out...

Or, you could spend $30 instead on the highly underrated Apocalypto on Blu-Ray. Great movie and much more intense IMO, without all the style.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Don't see the pic? Invincible.

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

300 and apocolypto are both great movies.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I've wanted to see Apocolypto for quite some time
    I'm somewhat of a Mayan civilization fan ..... 2012, anyone?

anyway, I had a free movie voucher and was going to use it on Apocolypto or Pan's Labyrinth ... I chose Pan's .... good movie, but was a little put off by the all spanish dub .... then I find out that Apocolypto is the same way...so i'm skipping it for now
    I hear it's beautiful, and I like beautiful
    maybe, we'll get it next in our BlockbusterOnline program
    blu-ray in the mail ... sweet

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

Excellent movie, but not for everyone
    It is a dark and sometimes brutal fairy tale for adults
    I was originally disappointed in the Spanish dub, but the language proved more theatrical than if it'd been spoken in English
    the direction and editing were some of the best I've seen in years

a truly unique movie with elements rarely experienced in film. if you engage this movie without expectations, you're bound to be treated to an entertainment experience that you may never forget

:thumb: :thumb:
    just don't watch it with the kids

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

BOOH-YAA! Puck and I finally agree..
    Pan's was EXCELLENTE!
    Have you seen The Devil's Backbone? <-- Del Toro's companion piece to Pan's. A must see for Pan's fans...

[​IMG]

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah just like every other prediction that has come true.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Apocalypto is great. It's a little bit popcorn but it's on a massive scale and it's definitely "edge of your seat" from start to finish..
    I prefer subtitles to dub or "phoney english" for a movie like this.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I found it to be a very over-rated movie. I just didn't see what all the fuss was about. It's good, don't get me wrong. It's just not up there with the best in my opinion.

But it is Artsy, I will agree to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar