Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

That was nothing compared to Battle Royale. There were only 2 very young kids, and one's death was shown so quick you couldn't really make out what happened and the other one was just shot with an arrow. In BR, just about each death was very bloody and explicit. BR was also banned here for some time cuz all the actors in that movie playing 14-15 year olds were actually that age. But yeah, you should check out BR, very similar story but completely different tone as BR is more of a dark comedy.

2. GeronimoJackson

Indonesia movie, The Raid: Redemption.

First half was freaking awesome, a simple but pretty cool story: a Swat team gets trapped and ambushed in an apartment building after being assigned on a mission to capture a drug lord. It was intense, stylish, glory, some insane choreography and fight scenes...then the spark was gone in the second half, that tension of survival was no longer there, the fight scenes became way too long, unrealistic and corny as the moves got really repetitive, combined that with a weak soundtrack, I felt like I was watching someone play a video game rather than a movie. Such a shame, had so much potential.

9/10 for the first 45 minutes, but overall, a 6/10.

3. GeronimoJackson

Stuart: A Life Backwards

Great British t.v. movie I just saw. If you're a fan of Tom Hardy or Benedict Cumberbatch, this is a must watch for you. Based off the book with the same title, it's a tragic story of a man tortured his entire life, Tom Hardy gives one of his finest performances. I do recommend watching it with subs as Hardy's character mumbles a lot.

8.5/10

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Saw two flicks I enjoyed over the weeked..
    Loved Ones was a pretty mindless but fun Aussie TCM ripoff starring the chick from Hell On Wheels.

and..
    The Revenant, which was a cool undead laugher with an LA by night backdrop.. A mix of Repo Man and Near Dark maybe. I'm a Chris Wylde fan so this was a good time by default!

5. GeronimoJackson

Prometheus 7.5/10

Man, not many more movies suffer more from being just too short. It was all there set in place, visually stunning, great cast, great marketing, but unfortunately it was just a tad bit under 2 hours and this should have been a near 3 hour movie. Way too many questions, very little answers, just when an good idea is introduced and you're fascinated, it is abandoned, it was one tease after another. But then again, one of the writers was one of the writers of LOST so I'm not surprised.

Alien is obviously a classic, and it's a simple horror film, and Prometheus could have been the mastermind and masterpiece origin story of Alien if it wasn't cut down so much in the editing room. It's almost like the filmmakers wanted to dumb it down a little and were afraid to bore the audience.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Alien or Aliens? big difference

7. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this movie, but:

Just watched Goon. Great movie. Great sports movie. Hilarious, too.

The players should have a players only meeting and watch it. Or Munch should make em watch it in a team meeting. Seriously, even though it's fiction, damn good **** about not giving up and being tough as nails.

8. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

Battle Royale is currently on Netflix instant streaming. Watched it for the second time last week. Great movie.

9. GeronimoJackson

Oops, my bad, the first one, Alien.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Quality entertainment I sez..

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar