Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I wanted to see Inglorious Basterds but still haven't yet. Need to get on it.

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Knowing your criticism of Tarantino, there will be some things that'll annoy you, but overall, it's great, I think you'll like it, Christoph Waltz (who was in Django) is worth the admission alone.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Nice. I was wondering who he was during Django. He's great.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It's good to see your terrible clueless opinions also include this topic.

Let me guess, you think Dicaprio is a good actor BECAUSE HE IS REAL GOOD AT SHOUTING, RIGHT?

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

IMO Tarantino makes some of the most consistently entertaining films of the past two decades. I know many rip him for stealing/re-hashing. And those complaints are legitimate. And plenty of people just can't stand his personality (also legitimate). But none of that takes away from me enjoying the films themselves one bit.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That's my thing with Tarantino. I have seen ALL of this stuff before. He just dusts off Blaxploitation and 70's Drive-In and adds monotonous dialogue. Not that that's not the exact same thing I would do if I made movies - but I wouldn't expect to hailed as a cinematic genius for doing such.

7. GeronimoJackson

Bollocks, Tarantino is a genius when it comes to dialogue, Inglourious Basterds alone had 3 of the best dialogues in film...the opening scene, the tavern scene and the strudel scene, I remember my palms were sweaty watching those scenes for the first time. If he wasn't so popular, you'd be praising the hell out of him lol.

8. GeronimoJackson

I don't know if this is just trolling, but Dicaprio is a GREAT actor, and has been since he was like 7, people just hate on him 'cuz he's a pretty boy. Still won't get that Oscar though.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

:cool2: From 1997 (Can get on DVD) Cop Land:

The film Sylvester Stalone thinks killed his career. It was actually the best role he ever had. Amazing low budget movie. Takes place in a fictional NJ town just outside NYC. Most of the population are NYPD and there is shady stuff going on. Amazing cast who all took a big pay cut to work the film.
    Cast

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Is anyone else getting this error on the final page of this thread?
    Fatal error: Method XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper::__toString() must not throw an exception in /home/jfuqua/public_html/library/Tinhte/XenTag/PostMessageWrapper.php on line 74

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar