Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

^ I'll have to check that out. Love Mads.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Fast & Furious 6- I'm not a big fan of these movies but my wife always makes me watch them with her (she doesn't necessarily enjoy them for the story). I don't even know how I'd rate this one. I'll just say it's possibly the most absurd of the series, but it's also one of the more entertaining. If you want to completely shut your brain off and see car chases and 'splosions I guess you could do worse.

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

NASCAR..?

*BOOM*

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Be ready to be emotionally wrecked.

5. Matty

Matty Camp Fodder

Raven

Great film, great poet, awesome

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

is that the one about poe and the dudes living out his stories. that's sick.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Someone, somewhere needs to make a movie with Tom Hiddleson going against Benedict Cumberbatch.

Hell, it could be two guys sitting in a room and it would still be mind-blowingly awesome.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Anybody else see the new Hobbit yet?

I did last night. Reviews claimed it to be better than the first, I thought it wasn't great. That's the problem with turning one book into 3 movies, you have an extended period of time (or a whole movie) with not much going on. Events did happen, just felt like they could have cut off 1 hour of film, and not missed a beat. You can tell they had to throw in an Orlando Bloom storyline (character added into story) to fill in some of the gaps.

This would be the first LOTR story arc movie that I don't really care to watch over again. I liked the last slow-paced Hobbit, though.

I'd give it 6/10. Has its good moments. But overall, not as good as I was expecting. Maybe the talking dragon made it lose some of its scariness, Sméagol was absent in this one, when I thought he added a lot to the first one.

Classic story of Hollywood milking it, 3 movies out of one book's worth of story.

10. Matty

Matty Camp Fodder

It is indeed bud... awesome flick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar