Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I saw Gravity in IMAX 3D and it was very cool looking.

But the story, acting, etc was forgettable. The ending is silly and ruined the movie.

Sandra B isn't good enough for a role that big, either. I like her, but great actress she is not.

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

12 Years a Slave

What prevented 12 Years from being great is I thought it was too short. While the movie was brutal and had its share of heart-breaking scenes, if a movie is supposed to portray a man going through slavery for 12 years, I need to feel emotionally exhausted after the movie...and I didn't feel that, like when it ended, I was just kinda like "that's it?" It didn't feel like 12 years passed. What I liked most about the movie was they didn't turn Solomon into some Hollywood action hero. Solomon wasn't a coward nor a hero, he was just a ordinary man that did what most of us what have done, and that was keeping his head down and trying to survive. It's so easy for someone to just SAY they would have taken a stand and fought back when they aren't in the actual situation.

Apparently Michael Fassbender's character was even crueler in real life, and is Paul Dano a douchebag in every movie he's in?

The only other movie that was in contention for Best Picture that I've seen was Captain Phillips, which I thought was better than 12 years. I did hear from a lot of my friends that Gravity was boring. It's a shame Prisoners didn't get nominated though, which was my favorite movie of the year.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I thought Captain Philips was probably the most overrated movie of the year. Hearing the real story and how the crew actually considered Philips to be an idiot and a coward, it kind of killed the movie for me as well.

Dallas Buyers Club, American Hustle, 12 Years a Slave, and Gravity were all better than Captain Philips, to me.

Prisoners was close to being my favorite movie of the year too, but it was probably too dark for the Oscars. I would have voted for Dallas Buyers Club from the list of noms.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Just watched it last night and pretty much agree. I had really high hopes and being a space junkie I just knew I was gonna love it. But it was a pretty big disappointment. I mean I enjoyed well enough and would definitely say it's worth a one-time watch. But I can't believe this was considered an Oscar caliber movie.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Prisoners was by far my favorite movie of the year.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It's between The Place Beyond the Pines and Prisoners for me. Can't really decide on a favorite.

Dallas Buyers Club and American Hustle would be next in line.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Anybody seen Liams newest film NonStop?

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Captain Philips was fairly run of the mill...

however... Tom Hanks' last 5 minutes of that film trump anything any other nominated "Best Actor" has done in their entire careers.

That was an acting clinic. And how he was snubbed blows my mind.

Meanwhile... MM plays himself once again in DBC and gets an award (he was the better of the candidates, but did nothing special.)

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

The fact that Prisoners wasn't even nominated hurt.

Easily one of my best of 2013.

Dallas Buyers Club, A Place Beyond the Pines, were also up there.

Gravity would have been 10 times better if I didn't have to look at Sandra Bullock and George Clooney.

A movie like that did not need them. Felt less believable than it already was.

Also Captain Phillips was good but did lose its luster after hearing the true story.

Hanks knocked that role out of the park though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. XO

XO Nevada Native

Out of the Furnace is excellent

Like 9/10

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar