Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Avengers was alright. I'd watch it again, but I did not think it lived up to the hype at all.

Hard for me to judge Spiderman 2 and the X-Men movies because I probably haven't seen them since I was 13. And a lot of the stuff I liked back then sucks.

Iron Man 3 wasn't too bad... Had it's moments, but I hated Guy Pierce's character. Lame villain.

I haven't seen the new Thor because I didn't like the first one.

I seriously hated Watchmen. I knew nothing about the comics before going to see it, but I thought it looked cool. Nope. Hated it. I saw it with about 4-5 friends and all but one hated it even more than me. Some creepy guy came up and started talking to me about the comics after the movie.

I do like Sin City. I own it... I wouldn't consider it a super hero movie though.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Winter Soldier is one of the better Marvel movies, and not too superhero-y. You'd probably like it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Movies based on comics that did not suck include: The Dark Knight series, X-Men(1 and 2 then the new generation. Screw X3), Hellboy 1 and 2, Sin City, The Punisher(Thomas Jane), Blade, Blade II, V for Vendetta, The Incredible Hulk(Norton), Dredd, Iron Man 1 and Kick-Ass.

Did not see Captain America 1 or 2, The Wolverine, Man of Steel, Thor 1 or 2 and The Avengers because, frankly, I'm over the entire genre. The only franchise I'm interested in is X-Men because First Class was ****ing awesome.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

5. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

I wish they'd give Mark Ruffalo his own solo hulk movie, Hulk, Thor and Cap are my top three Marvel heroes, at least the tier 1 characters, I like the street level ones like Daredevil, and the heroes for hire a lot too. So the netflix series is gonna be awesome, especially since it's gonna be in the MCU.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy, Godzilla, Neighbors, and 22 Jump Street.

I'll probably see a couple more but that's about it.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Regarding Spider-Man, the reboot didn't have Maguire or Dunst in it which was a big plus. Saw the second one, better than I thought it was going to be but not really saying much. Nailed the ending, I feel like they made this one as a cheap connection to the 3rd and Sinister Six.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Watched two movies last night: Django Unchained and Elysium.

Django was not QT's best work. I was actually a little disappointed in it. QT's movies usually hit the music spot on, but this one didn't flow with the music as well as the rest of his work. Some of the stuff was so out of place it was distracting. That would probably be my only complaint, it was still an alright flick. Definitely better than Jackie Brown, which will always be his QT's worst movie.

Elysium sucked. I knew it would be a sociopolitical commentary on wealth, but I didn't see the healthcare angle coming from the trailers I saw when it hit theaters. It was lame all around. CGI was decent though.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Tarantino is a better fan of great movies than maker of great movies.
    And when it comes to scoring the film/ soundtrack it couldn't be more evident.
    Ennio Morricone, the greatest score composer of our time essentially said as much:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/italian-composer-morricone-slams-tarantino-428954

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Watched this over the weekend.
    I did not know about juice hammers until seeing this..
    Good flick BTW..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar