Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

It is coming.

It at least he would be included in a X Force movie

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Fox was a PG movie, the others want a R rating.

It's been in the works since the original Wolverine movie. I doubt it's going to happen.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Saw Godzilla tonight. I'd give it a 6.5/10. It was very War of the Worlds-like, in that it was much more character driven and about being caught in the middle of a catastrophic event than it was Godzilla. Still enjoyed it.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I've seen a lot hooey about Godzilla not being in the movie until the final act and I wonder if any of the people making that complaint have ever watched a Godzilla movie before. In all of the best G films he's not really shown until the final third. The lamer ones were the "Monster Island" movies that were essentially children's Saturday morning fair and these are the same ones Godzilla shows up early in..

I think they did a good job of balancing the action elements with the character stuff, until maybe the final scene in the stadium.
    If I had one beef it would be that they didn't incorporate the classic Toho scores. Even if they did for just a few moments it would have been magic.
    Gareth opted to essentially keep the marches and other score bits out of the movie entirely. It worked in giving those scenes a very dry and eerie effect, but he could have had the best of both worlds I think. I wonder if Toho didn't restrict that on him...

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I think it's just a generation thing. There is no suspense in movies anymore. If Jaws was made today we would see the shark in the first five minutes rather than the last 35. Conversely, if the real version of Jaws was released this year people would have the same exact complaints they're having about Godzilla. I have no problem with building up the anticipation by just showing glimpses for the first half of the movie.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

But then again, you've gotta understand the complaints...

If I pay money for a stupid dinosaur movie- I want to see it do stupid senseless dinosaur sh* the entire time. If I get some legit story and the film takes itself seriously... while being a rehashed stupid dinosaur movie... I'm gonna probably lose interest.

Generally, I don't mind, and enjoy build-up, character familiarity, etc. But with Godzilla? I mean, even with Bryan Cranston... it's still Godzilla.

To me, it'd be like going to see Transformers and getting that.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I for one thought there was just the right amount of Godzilla and the story/characters were just fine for the genre. As a Godzilla movie I'd give it an easy 9.5./10. I probably wouldn't score it as high against The Godfather or ....And justice for All.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Please tell me you aren't talking trash about King Kong vs Godzilla.

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

For real. The dinosaurs in Jurassic Park were only in film for about 8 minutes total.

In the original Godzilla films the big guy usually never showed up until the end of the movie.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Of course not, KkvG was a Tsuburaya classic.. Lots of army marches and trains getting munched.
    They scaled back the cityscape destruction a bit but it wasn't Monster Island..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar