Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

Good, good.

I'm glad I'm not alone.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

You seriously didn't know they are all connected?

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

I knew Prometheus, Alien and Predator of course but recently became aware of Blade Runner and Firefly

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

What's the connection with Blade Runner and Firefly? Are BR's androids from Weyland Industries?

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Found on Firefly forum:

"Weyland/Yutanni has been referenced as a mega corporation in several movies and TV shows. They also owned a shipyard on Star Trek TNG, and were clients of Wolfram and Hart on Angel.

Gags like that are common. "Oceanic" airlines, best known as the airline from LOST, has also been used in the movie Executive Decision, and TV shows like Chuck, JAG and Diagnosis Murder.

But hey - if you think references like that make it all one universe - you'll really like the Tommy Westphall universe - which includes everything from Firefly and Trek, to Cheers, X-Files, Homicide and many others.... all existing in the mind of an autistic child introduced in the final episode of St. Elsewhere: "

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

These nods exist in all sorts of movies/tv etc.
    Sometimes they work backwards like the Evil Dead/Wes Craven "feud"..
    Ever wonder why Ash and Scotty find a Hills Have Eyes poster in the basement of the cabin?

I honestly don't think Ridley Scott would acknowledge Predators living in his particular Alien universe. Obviously Blade Runner would.
    Never seen more than 2 seconds of firefly so I can't comment there..

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The guy who thought it up literally thought of it because of Video Games.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Watched Edge of Tomorrow last night.

I thought it was just okay. As I expected it was very similar to Source Code.

Wouldn't watch it again.

9. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Man, me and you could never go on a movie date.

Your loss

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Just because I hated Neighbors and thought Edge of Tomorrow was just meh?

That's weak, man. We could still go on a movie date if you buy my ticket and popcorn.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar