Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I like Wiig and McCarthy, but I doubt their humor is going to do well here. Self deprecation is not the Ghostbusters.

2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Tried watching Wolf of Wall Street last night and I can handle some raunchiness but damn, when he was snorting the cocaine out of that girls ass, that was too much.

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That was like the opening scene too. Lol

Dude that movie, as crazy as it is, is hilarious. It wasn't a typical Scorsese movie. It was just utter debauchery.

I liked it for what it was. It wasn't classic Scorsese material, but very entertaining IMO.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I really enjoyed Wolf of Wall Street, it was a pretty entertaining story that was well acted, written and executed. If they toned it down just a bit and made it a shade more serious then it possibly could've been a little bit more respected but that's just my opinion.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Scorsese clearly wanted to portray the OTT endless party element in Wolf to its fullest. I'm sure he didn't want it to look like another Gordon Gecko flick..

So you guys haven't sniffed drugs out of a hooker's ass crack?
    I'm offended that you haven't!

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

TURBO KID
    Doubt the full film version will live up to the Street Trash promise of the short.. but I'll check it out!

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I would have much rather seen Ghostbusters 3 with Murray, Aykroyd, Ramis, and Hudson then have this abomination of a reboot. I hope it ends well but there is no one on god's green Earth that could convince me that McCarthy can replace Bill Murray in anything; in fact Hollywood should just never reboot in Bill Murray movie because it will fail horribly without Murray.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Jesus Christ. I don't have a problem with an all female cast. But that Leslie Jones monstrosity is so terribly unfunny she just killed the whole thing for me. Throw Melissa McCarthy's tired act into the mix and this is just a recipe for disaster.

I am a big fan of Kate McKinnon though. Been saying for awhile I think she'll end up being a legit star. She's one of the very few good things going on SNL right now.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Watched a few lately....

Exit through the Gift Shop- Way late to the party on this. One of those that I'd been meaning to watch for years now and just never got around to it. I loved it. Exactly the type of doc I love to watch (i.e. absurdly unique characters). Lots of speculation about whether Banksy is a hoax, the entire doc is a hoax, etc. I just gotta say, none of that affects how I feel about the movie one bit. I'd still love it regardless.

Jack Reacher- Not a real big Cruise fan. This movie was so far off my radar but the surprisingly decent reviews led me to give this a shot. Gotta say I really enjoyed it. Still really tough for me to take Cruise seriously as this uber bad@$$ type but whatever. Solid action flick.

Pee Wee's Big Adventure- As an 80's child, it goes without saying I loved me some Pee Wee back in the day. Hadn't seen this since I was a kid so decided to check it out. I'm still not sure whether I should've watched it or not lol. The nostalgia factor was nice but it was also one of those instances of going back to something you loved as a kid and there being absolutely no chance it even comes close to living up to your memory of it.

10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I watched she made me do it...the main actress was so fine o sat through it. It was decent....but damn she was fiiiiiiiine. Perfect face. Then I look up the real Sara Jo pender n that ***** is ugly as **** !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar