Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Age of Ultron... 7.5 out of 10. Most of the (many) jokes fell flat... Just too much stuff. It was, what I was afraid that the first was going to be.

Too much to fit into one movie, so a lot of stuff that would make the movie great, gets left behind.

Ultron seems to take about 5 minutes to go from "Idea" to Existing. about 1 minute of explanation, and wham.. there's your villain. Loki was a much more interesting villain.. not that Spader didn't do a great job. Ultron having "funny" one liners was not good for the movie. The comedy worked well in the 1st avengers, and was perfected in GotG.. and went sour here.

Banner/Scarjo romance was pretty half-baked, and came out of nowhere, and pretty much went nowhere.

The Vision was incredible. That was the redeeming quality of the film for me.

Unfortunately. Captain America: Winter Soldier was 10x the movie this was, and GotG was much more entertaining.

For all the buildup, it wasn't a homerun, by any means. It Is worth watching, and definitely has its moments, though. This movie just seemed like a bunch of cameos pasted together.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Jokes are a matter of opinion, personally I really liked most of them. I also actually liked Ultron being different/funny. If he was the usual killer robot that we've seen in a thousand movies, that would have actually been disappointing. He models himself after Stark, so he was going to act a lot like Stark.

The original movie was at 3 hours I believe, so they had to cut just a bit more than 30 minutes. The pacing and transition was a bit off for half the movie but the second half I thought they nailed.

Most people who went in super hyped, probably left a bit disappointed. I tried to go in as level as impossible and ended up really enjoying it. In the grand aspect of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as silly as this sounds, this movie was a stop gap with filler info. Basically the Iron Man 2 of the Avengers movies. As far as inserting information for the next big movie and introducing new characters who will be pivotal in the future.

I give it an 8.5/10. There were definite upgrades from the first movie but Whedon having to cut over 30 minutes and cram everything was my original fear in the first one. Nothing will be special like the first one again but Avengers: Infinity Wars will be the biggest movie (part 1 and 2) of all time.

3. nickmsmith

Yeah. Ultron joking was not a major downfall of it, to me. You are spot on, that it basically was filler. It was all buildup and spectacle, with little impact on the rest of the overall story. It gave glimpses into what we know is already going to happen (stark vs. others, and Thor Ragnarok) But it never really went anywhere, besides introducing Vision, the Asian doctor and the wonder-twins.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. The Playmaker

I actually kinda hurt my back because I was sitting so low. But being 6'4" I didn't complain about having all of the leg room haha

I'm seeing it again sometime this week with friend group #2, hopefully getting a different perspective of the movie when I get to sit further back.

5. The Playmaker

I gave it an 8.5 because of me being a Marvel/comic fan boy boost. Realistically, it would be your grade. I really wish it didn't come off as a filler movie. I thought GotG did plenty, Ant-Man could do a bit and set up Civil War, and then some of these other new movies could also hint. When you have an Avengers movie, make it about the Avengers. I kinda hate knowing the movie line up for the next 5 years because of stuff like this.

Honestly, glad Whedon is taking a break. The Russo brothers did great with Winter Soldier and they're doing Civil War and the Infinity Wars.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. nickmsmith

I wasn't at all a fan of the 1st cap, but Winter Soldier was good enough for me to do a complete 180 on that character/storyline. I have faith in the people who did that movie. It was spectacular.

7. The Playmaker

Same. I knew the Winter Soldier storyline beforehand so while dragging people to go see it with me, they couldn't stop talking about how awesome he was afterwards. Winter Soldier is probably my favorite followed by GotG. Marvel still has a lot of hits but I think most people will be somewhat disappointed because it will rub off to some as a filler.

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Winter Solider is the best movie I've seen in general for some time. Interstellar trumped it.

9. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I watched Restrepo and Korebgal. That **** was crazy.

Its not even the propaganda, its the way the movie was filmed.

He goes from a 30 year old horse riding cowboy to a navy seal in like 5 mins. The boot camp scenes are weak.

Can you even go straight to the SEALS?!?! lol

idk the movie was just weak.

10. nickmsmith

Yeah. AoU lacked the emotional punch that Winter Soldier had, and even Guardians.
    Winter Soldier was the best overall story as of yet, I'm just worried that they're going to burst this bubble by overloading us with this. This movie is already overcrowded, and they're adding Panther, Bucky, AntMan, Dr. Strange, GotG, Spider Man, War Machine, The black guy with the wings, and possibly Daredevil and Iron fist into the mix, on top of all this. They're going to have a huge juggling act in this, IF they don't retire some of these guys.

Iron Man has run his course, to me. RDJ is already 50 years old, and if he's doing it until he's 60, it's gonna get weird. I would love to see War Machine get a bigger role in his place, and still have Tony make a cameo appearance or two. After 3 movies, I really don't care to see another IM film, and he is my favorite of all of them. Hulk should stay away after this movie. Only so much of the scared guy/invincible monster act you can take for over a decade, and it's nearly impossible to have him carry a movie by himself.

They're already at a breakneck pace with all these movies coming out.. I hope they can keep this up. First avengers movie had to juggle what, 5 or 6 heroes.. by the third/fourth, they may have 30 superheroes to be trying to fit in, and every movie, they're bringing in more.

#6640 nickmsmith, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar