Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

• LOL LOL x 2
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

damn figured I would at least get nominated what with publicly stating my hatred for everyone everywhere

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

You're like Leonardo when it comes to Oscars.

• LOL LOL x 3
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I recently saw fury road and age of ultron and both were great.

Fury road is a lesson in what action movies should be.

Age of ultron is probably 4th place in marvel cinematic universe for me.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'll prepare my acceptance speech.

But for the record, I thought Fury Road was awesome.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

There must really be something to Fury Road because a lot of people whom I trust are behaving as if it were a Top 5 Of All Time, if not #1 action film OAT. Same with John Wick. I'm interested in the latter but not so much the former...parts 2 and 3 of the original trilogy really turned me off of the franchise (was it a trilogy?...forgot and who cares). The very first one was great; but- like Gunny- I do not care for post-apocalyptic scenarios (TWD notwithstanding).

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Watched a 'documentary' about modern hobos called 'Catching Out'

subject matter intrigued me. I will say if you have any interest in trains and hobos then you will find it mildly entertaining like I did. If you dont have an interest in either then there is nothing in Catching Out for you.

Basically the filmmaker found the most stable and physically acceptable hobos and told their 'stories'. Apparently 50% of hobos are 20 something white chicks that are solid 3s possibly 4s if the lighting is dim enough. The one interesting guy should have been the whole focus. Obviously came from at least a good background. But he is 100% committed to SJW lifestyle. When he is not hoboing he is living in trees and pizzing off hunters - lol

He is smart enough to know its futile. That part was sobering. I totally agreed with him when he bemoaned what overpopulation of people was doing to the planet.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Fury Road was very entertaining but I definitely wouldn't go nearly THAT far. I doubt I'll ever even watch it again but definitely glad I checked it out.

And yeah, John Wick is awesome. One of the more (pleasantly) surprising movies I've seen in recent year. That's one I'll definitely be going back to in the future.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Fury Road was just refreshing. In a world filled with retread superhero stories and really bad CGI, it was nice to just sit down and watch a real action movie.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

That guitar player?

****ing awesome, the entire time lol.

No over the top acting, no cheesy one liners. You would think that the world would seem really small considering everything, but it never comes across that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar