Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Best practical effects in Sci/Horror film period.
    Better than Reanimator, better than Society.
    The new "The Thing" with all the CGI and 25 years of tech advancement still doesn't hold a torch to Carpenter's film.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

So, is Childs The Thing?

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed with that one. Even though it was a prequel it was almost a shot-for-shot remake, but worse.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I like to think he is. You?

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If you watch the scene - you'll see that he comes up on MacReady and they have the conversation about where they've been.. But as Childs is speaking there is no "smoke" coming out of his mouth, while Mac's breath is full on. Do "Things" need to breathe oxygen and are they warm blooded?
    An old filmmaking trick when trying to shoot on a cold night and make it look like it's a warm night is to have the actors chews ice prior to their dialog mostly eliminating the smoke. Carpenter is a sneaky and deliberate filmmaker. Of course he would leave a subtle clue. Considering the ending of this film it makes perfect sense that Childs is The Thing.
    "Let's just sit here a while. See what happens...."

Kieth David and a bunch of The Thing guys were doing a reunion at a show we did in Atlanta and I asked him about this and he stopped for a minute and didn't say anything then laughed out loud and said, Of course I'm not The Thing but he was shaking his head up and down..

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I've heard that "smoke theory" before. Regardless, I think a bleak ending suits the film much better so that's what I choose to believe. I appreciate that all those closely involved have kept it somewhat ambiguous though (at least to my knowledge).

Cool story about Keith.

7. Fry

Predator 2. Like the biggest drop-off from a great original to a terrible sequel, right?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Danny ****ing Glover

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

When I think action star... I can easily see the trend upward from Arnold to Danny!

And no one screams scientist like Gary Busey! Maybe Denise Richards in 007...

10. Fry

Hey, Bill Paxton is the only person in the history of Earth to be killed by a Predator, a Terminator, and a Xenomorph Alien.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar