Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Apparently 10 Cloverfield Lane is a revised cut of a film that initially never had anything to do with Cloverfield. Raymond Burr/Godzilla style editing..

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I dunno if I really care how connected they are; I just hope for a good story. It's obviously not the found footage style that Cloverfield was, and from what I gather doing sequels in a different style is a flop indicator. Goodman has the power to be a scary dude so this could be a really good psycho thriller. At first glance we have a 'Misery' scenario with a bit of 'War Of The Worlds' basement scene thrown in. It looks like it's gonna have to work hard at being original (if it even wants to be at all).

3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I use Kodi from my android phone streamed through Chromecast. Chromecasts limited codec support can be annoying (some titles won't play or it takes a few tries to find a working stream). I'm not sure if if the Firestick has the same limitations but I've heard good things.

All in all, Kodi is awesome and a few quirks here and there are worth it to be able to watch pretty much whatever you want.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Man, love the opening part of this. Straight from Arkham.

Probably the trailer they should have shown earlier.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm holding onto hope that it will be good. My biggest concern is are they trying to cram too much into one movie?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think we can pretty much guess whats going to happen within those ~2 hours.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

The Turkish Airlines ads during the SB made me think that Eisenberg was good casting for Lex Luther after all.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Saw Deadpool.

Thank the Gods Ryan Reynolds pushed hard for this movie. He nailed it. It's a pretty straight forward movie but it's crass, violent, breaks the 4th wall and is genuinely funny.
    They probably couldn't do better with what they had.

8.5/10

9. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Excellent movie. Saw it a couple of years ago and came away very impressed. The US remake of it was not that good though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

So I watched JeruZalem the other day. That movie has some of the worst acting possible. The one chick wearing the glasses was so bad at acting that it was almost unbearable. The atmosphere they were able to create during most scenes kept me watching all the way through the end. Creepy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar