Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think there was an acting award in the movie. Tom hardy

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Finally got around to seeing The Revenant. Absolutely loved it (and yeah, that bear scene was amazing). But am I the only one who had a hell of a time understanding some of the dialogue, particularly early on? My wife and I were both like WTF for about the first 30 minutes. It was probably just the accents combined with my sound setup that is way too loud on action and effects. But I haven't had that hard of a time understanding dialogue in an English speaking movie in a long, long time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart are starring in the Jumanji remake that no one asked for.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Should just make it a sequel

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Yes. Because when I was watching it, all I could think was... "too bad the role of Robin Williams isn't portrayed by the comedic powerhouse that is The Rock"

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Movies that should get remade are those that didn't do that well... I've always thought Krull would be a good remake.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Disappearing dialogue movies is a universal problem with these modern home cinema sound setups.
    I go right to the subtitles if I'm missing chunks of dialogue.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, like I said dialogue is constantly getting overpowered in my sound setup. But it was just a whole other level with this one. We actually did turn on the closed captioning for a bit but it ended up being more annoying than it was worth.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

My friends and I have an ongoing joke about this...

We always say "DAMMIT DANNY ELFMAN" due to it being most prevalent in some movie he did.

Music overpowered all dialogue.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

So I picked up The Revenant last night, and man, talk about a someone gritting their teeth the whole movie. It is a really good movie that I have to say I would give an award to just for the film making. At first I wasn't sure if my wife would make it through the first 30 gruesome minutes, but after the initial arrows through eye balls and a bear mauling she made it lol. If that is truly what it was like for Hugh Glass, then God bless him lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar