Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

On the subject of SH films and their popularity, I would suggest that rather than just being motion pictures of comic books, they are an amalgam of the most popular of ancient folklore -diety mythology- combined with the most popular modern film genre: sci fi. All of these films strike me as being just another division of scifi rather than teenboi stories pulled out of print. "Age of Ultron" TWICE pays homage to one of the earliest scifi novels, Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein". The Flash is entirely rooted in physics scifi nerderie; Green Arrow nearly parallels the works of Homer and other Greek legends, etc etc. Luke Cage is totally Hercules. I don't think that bashing SH scifi as a cultural movement is warranted; they're not winning Oscars or anything and there's plenty other material in other genres to rate that suffer from the same self-emulation that SH genres do.

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Super rekkkt

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

upload_2017-3-30_8-15-10.png

^

This is why we can't have nice things.

@CRUDS

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Hey look, a podcast from our favorite TVShow/MovieThread superhero club commenters!

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

DW dissed Beasts of No Nation - he fails

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. The Hammer

Anyone see the movie Legend, about the *Kray twins, Ronnie and Reggie?

I just watched it last night on Netflix. I had forgot it existed so I am happy to come across it. Tom Hardy plays both Twins (who else is going to play that role right?) and does a good job. It was told through the eyes of Reggie's wife, who narrated the film. I was disappointed thought that it did not include more though I suppose they cannot have a 12 hour movie.

*Kray twins -- East London gangsters in the 60s and 70s. Ronnie had severe mental health issues, which was a focus for the film. He was actually committed a few times with Reggie bribing psychiatrists to get him out.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I remember seeing the trailer for that awhile back. Didn't really leave me dying to see it. But I might check it out eventually, because Tom Hardy.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. The Hammer

Same, though it is true crime which I like so I am happy to have found it

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

lol, plenty of non-superhero talk the last 3 pages and not a peep from the whiners. Contribute or just totally avoid the thread. Complete children I swear.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I will say it

I really don't need a horror movie that 'speaks' about systematic racism.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar