Movies that make you cry

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Starkiller, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Even real macho guys can be brought to tears from time to time. There was a story on Digg with 25 movies that fit this category (though many of them are debatable).

So, my question is, what movies make you cry? Even specific moments (hopefully no spoilers will be posted).

For me, I'd say the ends of Saving Private Ryan. Also the end of The Iron Giant ("Superman").

:cry:

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Tons of films make me cry. Sometimes it’s the story on screen and sometimes it’s simply the sheer genius of the filmmaker that moves me.

I had a really awkward moment on a first date with a woman who eventually became my fiancé (and eventually became my x-fiancé). I took her to the film “Love and Basketball”, and honestly was pleasantly surprised at what a quality flick it was. At one point the romance in the film begins to disintegrate, and at that moment the song “Fool of Me” by Me’Shell N’degeocello comes on. It’s a very special song to me, a stunningly raw and beautiful track by an artist who I admire greatly. For it to come on like that, unexpectedly at an already emotionally charged moment in the film had me sobbing like a 5 year old. It was a total drag… here I was on a first date with this uber-hot redheaded Hungarian goddess and I’m spilling like Michael Irvin at the HOF.

I think that’s the highlight of my weepy movie experiences, but as I said for me getting a little teary at a movie is a regular occurrence. I’ve never really thought about the frequency but I’m sure once every month or two I’m apt to be getting a little verklempt at the hands of some skillful filmmaker.

And yeah, last year I picked up a DVD copy of Love and Basketball and I’ve yet to make it through a viewing without getting misty. :clown:

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Brian's Song.
    Old Yeller.

[​IMG]

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Phenomenon 1996 Travolta/Robert Duvall movie.

I found this film very moving it just builds & builds & I just didn't see the end coming. I cried like a baby.

I watched an old Jared Leto movie 'Prefontaine' for the 1st time last week. I was ignorant to the story of Steve Prefontaine before watching the movie. I was teary eyed at the end.

Twelve Monkeys is one of my all time favorite movies, moves me to tears at the end every time.

Another little known Bruce Willis movie is In Country. Moving story about the legacy of Vietnam veterans.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That damn Green Mile does it to me every time...

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I hear you brother, Green Mile is a tough one

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Brokeback Mountain

:ha: j/k I've never seen it.

The last time I got misty at a movie was not from where I would have expected: The reprise of "In Your Eyes" from Peter Gabriel's concert film Growing Up Live. "RAAAAAAACHEL Z!!" :yes: Powerful delivery, as was that version of "Secret World".

I can't remember any others now, though I'm sure there were many...but I'm not sure that they count: when I lost my fiance and little girl, I was triggered by seemingly insignificant scenes/dialogue, and I would turn to jello. There were some songs that I couldn't handle either, so I went on a media fast; it's only been relaxed by 10%, and I have no TV. I rent suspense/horror movies.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

That list is really good, Murse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar