Movies you dislike that everyone else seems to love...

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Deuce Wayne, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

You know... I've honestly never watched Caddyshack. I have no problem renting old movies. (Anything from Gone with the Wind/Philedelphia Story to Citizen Cane/Casablanca) So why have I not seen a movie that was made in 1980? No clue really... but I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

2. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

you are missing a clut classic...much in the way of the big lebowski.

chevy chase is pure gold in that movie...watch it i promise you wont be disappointed

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Gotta figure Caddyshack and Animal House changed comedy cinema forever..

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

how can people not like this movie...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QWJLWERyvkk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QWJLWERyvkk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

slum dog millionaire

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

don't forget Stripes

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mfxcq77FkdE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mfxcq77FkdE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

That's a fact Jack !

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Stripes, IMO, was far away MUCH better comedy than Caddyshack. I never got Caddyshack, and never will... and I've been around enough golfers to make the cultural connection.

I'll never understand the attraction of Chevy Chase, either.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I can't believe some of the films people don't like. What the hell is wrong with you people? Please, enlighten yourselves and go watch movies that WEREN'T made before 1990.

examples:

Alfred Hitch:grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr: (Rear Window, The Lady Vanishes, Strangers On A Train, Vertigo, The Birds, Psycho, Rebecca, Notorious, etc)

Kubrick, and i'll even make this harder by giving you examples of his earlier work: (Lolita, Dr. Strangelove, The Killing, Paths Of Glory, Spartacus)

that should be sufficient. Go to blockbuster and as Morpheus would say "FREE YOUR MIND"

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

also, I absolutely LOATHE the movies Old School, Donnie Darko, ANY directors who are pretentious wannabe Ingmar Bergman's (Lars Von Trier, Darren Aronofski [pre Wrestler]). I hate the movie Boondock Saints (completely lame, totally unrealistic, and to top it off, it is cheesy as hell). I hate ROCKY (yes, I said it). Why do I hate Rocky? Besides the fact that it is a piece of _____? (fill in the blank). I hate it because it beat out Taxi Driver, Network, AND All the Presidents Men at the oscars and ROBBED Marty Scorsese of the oscar that he deserved. It was sentimental and tacky, I'll take Raging Bull ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

There are many films I hate that mass public loves, and that is my burden. I am a filmmaker myself, so I know a thing or two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar