Moving to M'Boro - Advice?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by xpmar9x, Jul 11, 2013.

1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You crazy, dawg...

... 'Cause Bonnaroo is a much bigger and more popular festival than Lolla these days...
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

not sure why you think North Murfreesboro/Rutherford county is crime riddled. Its fine. Lived in the area for +20 years now. Should you set your wallet on top of your mailbox and go for a jog - No of course not, but what crime I am aware of was obvious just punks with nothing better to do. Worst that happened to me was water hose thrown over my own fence - kinda quickly weaved a couple of times.

Domestic crap happens everywhere so eeeh. If you see crime stats out of whack for the area remember Lake Forrest Estates is responsible for like 90% of everything bad in Rutherford county - dont live there its a predesigned slum
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 As old as Titan. Tip Jar Donor

How have you never heard of Bonnaroo? Haven't been to the boro in like a decade. It was fun back then. There will be things to do. It is not a murder capital. You'll be good.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. RTH

RTH Meh...

I remember the first year of Bonnaroo. I want to say '99 maybe..?

It was started as nothing like it is now. Crazy. It was originally geared toward an almost 80's style rock "reunion" festival. I felt it would suck then... but it evolved a lot.
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Stuff I read online had bad reports on crime in Murfreesboro. Everyone on here says it's not that bad. So I ain't worried!

Music isn't really my thing. I mean, I listen to it - but going to festivals, concerts, & things like that never really hyped me up like alot of people. That and i'm an idiot.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Actually it was more like a hippie/jam band festival. Widespread Panic, Phil Lesh, Trey Anastasio, those types were the main draws.
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Yeah I've never thought of the Boro as some crime-riddled area. I lived there for a few years (about a decade ago) and never had a single problem. It's a pretty fun town.
  8. RTH

RTH Meh...

Actually no. I said 1999. I see it wasn't called Bonnaroo then. It was the precursor to it - Itchycoo Festival.

That's what I was actually referring to. Just named it wrong.

Essentially, that became what we know as Bonnaroo. Itchycoo Festival failed shortly after.
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Oh okay. Never heard of that one. I just know those guys I listed were the headliners at the first Bonnaroo. And even that was a very different festival than what it has become.
  10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Man... I drove through Murfreesboro on my way to Bonnaroo earlier this year and it seemed like a quiet, safe suburb to me. I remember saying out loud that I wouldn't mind living there. Crime is a big problem there? Maybe I read it all wrong. Of course, I do live in a suburb of Toronto that has one of the lowest crime rates in the world, so maybe my perception is just warped.