mp3 downloads

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fry, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What is with Apple and starting everything with an 'i'?

2. it is intensly irritating, isn't it... :ha:

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Here's a cool MP3 you can download :brow:

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

are those live drums or a drum machine ?

5. avvie

Machine. I recorded a straight beat in MIDI, then added the fills, flams and accents after the song was finished to this point. Everything else is live.

What did you think? OldSchool as hell, huh?

I'm waiting for a horn section to be recorded in Florida and Japan that replaces the cheap synths you hear. A local guitarist is cutting a lead guitar track. A synth artist in Ohio (?) was supposed to add a part, but suddenly became suicidally depressed. And a producer in Singapore is going to mix and engineer the whole thing for me when it's done. it's going on a compilation CD along with other net collaborators in my group.
    Modern tech is cool!

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the drums sound impressive

whddaya mean recorded to MIDI
    DM to PC ? i never got the MIDI thing

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

who's singing ?

8. avvie

The vocals are Yours Truly. In fact, everything you hear is. That vocal track was actually just a scratch track, but I had to post it for my peers to enter the comp cd deal. They love it! I can say that because they've bashed the hell out of me on other stuff. That voice sounds nothing like my speaking voice. AT ALL. I've since been trying to learn to get that singing voice under control...that's the one I always wanted.
    MIDI: It's one of two things:
    1--your computer acts as a sequencer. You print notes out on a "matrix editor"--a screen that looks just like that roll of paper that old player pianos use; hence it is called a "piano roll". The computer then actually plays the instruments that is attached to it, such as a keyboard. The sound of the keyboard (audio output) is then sent to the recorder.
    This is how I recorded the drums.

2--Same as 1, except the instrument is actually part of the recording software. The software instrument is played by either using an external keyboard, or by playing the QUERTY keyboard that you type with (!).

The MIDI recording is digital information---not musical audio sounds. If you screw up a performance, you simply erase the bad notes and draw in the ones you want....basic editing with a pencil and eraser cursor. You can also change the volume (velocity) of each note, extend the sustain, shorten it, etc. That's why the drum rolls sound convincing: I changed the volume of each hit on the snare so that it sounds "human"....notice that the beginning of a snare roll is quieter than the end of it. I could do the same with the bass drum and make it sound like his foot is getting tired, but...naaahhh....

I just thought of something....you have GarageBand. Check out the drum loops on it....zoom in and you will see that it is MIDI info, and not a sound wave. Double-click to open the editor, then click and drag on any of the lines marked, and watch what happens. Don't like that beat? Change it!
    Hope that helps!

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar