Mr. Clemens goes to Washington...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Hoffa, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Yeah, he told the truth after he made a career out of being a cheater. Im sorry that I dont find that noble. He had nothing to lose at the time he told the truth. He had no resemblence of a major league career, and he wanted to sell a book. Seriously, you find that honorable? A person who cheats his entire career, and then when its over he reveals he was a cheater through means of a book, in which he was pushing sales.

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

If HGH is engineered differently within 20 years then it wont even really be the same product. Like I said, steroids or HGH used properly through doctors order can certainly be beneficial. But if its over the counter then its not going to be under a doctors care. Most drugs and pharmaceuticals have so many side effects and long term health risks associated with them its ridiculous, so I dont see how anyone, much less a B list actor knows how these things will be engineered in 20 years.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't think so. The stigma of steroids exist outside the sports world. I have gotten onto friends who I've known used roids. I've seen friends have major mental changes from steroid abuse. And these aren't people that were using roids for an athletic advantage.

I've heard from friends (or at least siblings of friends) how steroids is rampant in some area high schools. It certainly wasn't unheard of over 10 years ago when I was in high school. I can't stand to be around roiders. I don't understand why people can't just use hard work to get in good athletic shape, why everyone thinks they need this magic shortcut.

As far as your other points, it very well maybe that in the future a different form of steroids or hgh exist where everyone is taking it. How strange would it be to think that it could end up that we go for our annual steroid injection like a trip to the dentist?

Personally, I hope medically that discoveries are made than can increase healing throughout muscle and tissue in the body. But I hope everyone in the world isn't using a substance that substantially builds muscle mass in the body. It seems very unneccesary.

Regardless, the issue in the present is that for athletes to have a fair competitive advantage they HAVE to use a substance that has longterm negative effects on the body. That is a shame and a bad reflection on the importance of winning at all cost in our society.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Steroids are very popular outside of sports. Most my friends are juicing. And tons of guys at my gym are as well.
    As long as you know what you're doing, there's not much wrong with it. I don't even take prescription drugs when I'm sick, or a tylenol when I have a headache, or a beer, cigarettes, marijuana, etc...
    but a little test and deca in a safe cycle is ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar