MR comments on 104.5

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by smili, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BronzeHammer

BronzeHammer Guest

No, no, you're completely wrong. Don't you realize that since he is at least one of the following, A)Black B) Rich C) Young or D) A professional athlete, he is held to a higher standard than everyone else, and regardless of the fact that most people are innocent until proven guilty (regardless of the impact this has on their careers) Pacman is a detriment to society. What a horrible person, speeding and going to strip clubs. I mean, who here has ever done that?

This attack on the "thug culture" may have some merit, as I find it rather lacking in many ways, but I don't know why Pacman is everyone's scapegoat. Didn't all white people used to hate rappers?

This whole fetish the media and armchair judges have for scolding Pacman for his illicit behavior obviously emanates from something greater than moral concern. If I was Pacman, I'd tell you all to go to hell, it's my life and I can do what I want within the law which he has thus far for the most part done. What should be relevant to everyone else is how he plays football, and I'll remind you he does so excellently.

Everyone gets an opinion, but the whole "Pacman has got to go" idea creeps its way into threads NOT concerning that issue, and is just fodder for long, boring, inflammatory posts like this one.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

whacked a dude in the head with a poolque and was on probation for quite a while. Not a lawyer but pretty sure misdomeaners do not require constant electronic survillance.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

not a lawyer, but i'm pretty sure the ankle bracelet was a part of his agreement to drop it to a misdemeanor.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well there you go then

the felon gammed the system down to a misdemeanor by agreeing to some state issued bling-bling

5. BronzeHammer

BronzeHammer Guest

Sorry, I guess next time I respond to an asinine post, I'll be as blunt as possible in order to maybe elicit a response from you. Here we go.

What is your damn point?

Did I get you? Oh, I hope so. Now hopefully you haven't wandered away from the keyboard, or hopped into some other thread to talk about something irrelevant (seems like a trend with you) because I really would like to get a point across.

Pacman has been convicted of some minor crimes, questioned and charged (i think this can be argued that it is an erroneous charge, as he has been cleared at least of the biting assault and the rest depends on hearsay) with one serious crime. So, he is in at least one sense of the word, a criminal, although he has been punished and most of America believes that's all we get to do to him (exception for sex offenders, but that's another debate) except you, it seems. What would you have us do? I'm seriously asking that because not only will whatever answer that comes out of your mouth (keyboard) be wrong, since he's already been punished and it's not your business, but you've never brought it up. Here we are, in a thread talking about what our GM said about Pacman, and whether that means he'll be brought back or whether we've dumped him altogether or whether we're just waiting to see what happens next, etc. If you had something to say on that topic, that would be relevant...Instead, you just post inflammatory statements that have little to do with the topic at hand.

Are you suggesting we release Pacman? If so, I disagree, but I'm not going to bother telling you why because I don't know that you've made it this far. Do you have a point in this discussion at all? Are you just trolling? What's with the racist "bling-bling"? Would you say that if, say, KVB plead down to a misdemeanor? Is this a glimpse into your psyche and perhaps an explanation for your hatred of Pacman?

Don't be overwhelmed. You don't have to answer all these questions, although it'd be nice. Pick one, any one of them, and I'll be pleasantly surprised.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

could not care less what happens to Adam Jones. Just pointing out that he is not some doe eyed innocent.

He is a convict. No need to be so judgemental about it as I was not on the jury of his peers who convicted him, yet I accept their judgement unlike you apparently.

Adam Jones should be allowed every oppertunity to reclaim his roster spot as far as I am concerned. Having said that I would shed no tears if he is not allowed that oppertunity as the Titans have shown in the past that such trangressions are not easily forgotten (talking about Josh Evans here) Not saying Adam Jones was suspended for drug use, but he was suspended by the league as Evans was and Evans was not allowed a chance to earn his roster spot back.

7. BronzeHammer

BronzeHammer Guest

Irrelevant to the topic.
    Also tangential.

I said he's presumably guilty for everything of which he's been convicted. However, your urge to insert these facts into non-relevant discussions is both irritating and sophomoric.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Three weeks into the season and fans still hotly debate the Pacman saga. Seems like there is a strong divide in fans opinions on Pacman Jones.

I have to really disagree with Deeluxx3, I just don't see that Pacman Jones is one of the best 2 CBs in football. I think I could name about 10 I'd want before him. He's maybe the second best return man in the game, definately not the first.

I'll be somewhat suprised if the Titans take him back. Regardless of everyone's view on the fairness of the suspension, the titans organization has to feel let down that Pacman can't play for the team. That slight against the organization will weigh on the decision to let Pacman back on the field with this team.

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I like the quietness surrounding Pacman right now. No national media attention.

10. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

If Pacman is allowed back in the league and if he comes with us that greats. but everyone bashing him, and saying let him go, dont worry about him are the ones who will be complaining when hes mistake free and making plays for someone else. He was a questionable pick at 6th overall and there were many playmakers and good players in that draft that we passed up. If we let him go, we just wasted a 6th overall pick and a great player if he plays agian. Just i dont want to hear the crying if he goes elsewhere cuz someone will give him a chance, and he will be top 5 corner in the league. So just shut up about bashing the guy. Everyone makes mistakes. and the titans will be making the biggest mistake when its all said and done, if we let him go. We have invested too much in him already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar