MS STRUNK, PLEASE HEAR US!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by piepsilon, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piepsilon

piepsilon Starter

On the off-chance that someone high up in the front office actually looks at these threads...

Ms. Strunk:

Take a look at this forum. Look at social media. Listen to the media pundits. Wherever you look, your fans are screaming CHANGE. If Mike Mularkey is your answer, you show us that we are not heard and never will be. I agree Mularkey can connect to the players. I agree that he is probably respected in the locker room. I'll even agree that there is a possibility that he can get us some wins. In the end however, it is the same conservative and completely unoriginal standard that your fans have endured year after year. It's time to step outside of the box. Your fans need a "Wow" factor. Many of us are holding on by a thread. We are looking to you for at least a spark of excitement and energy. I'm sure Coach Mularkey is a great guy, but he is definitely not the spark. Go with fresh and new. At least if the plan fails then, we as fans will know that you are at least giving it all you've got. If you retain Mularkey and fail again, you lose more than just the season. You will lose the faith of your fanbase. We are pleading with you for not just a change in a few office positions, but a change in the overall team philosophy. We've been listening to you year after year and hoping for a sign of life from this team. Now we ask you to please hear us.

-One of many disgruntled fans

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:runhills:

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

If the Titans keep Mularkey, it means they care more about money (specifically the $15 million they are already paying Whisenhunt) than fans. I think it's basically that simple.

Keeping Mularkey would be cheap and easy. Going out and hiring a real head coach (someone who didn't just produce the 30th ranked offense and who has years of losing football on his resume) would be tough.

We'll see if ownership takes the easy road or the hard one.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  4. RTH

RTH Meh...

I have apathy. At this point, I'm more interested in GM and getting some ****ing talent on this team.

I honestly don't feel it matters who the coach is, right now.

Malarkey the HC? Could be worse, I suppose.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Whiz got the job instead of Mularkey the first time around. So, no, it can't get worse.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

While I agree with the OP, here's the thing. The head coaching approach that Mularkey takes means that the ultimate success of the team is directly tied to the teams offensive and defensive coordinators. Mularkey is more like the glue that holds the team together, but as far as calling all the plays that power is delegated, as it should be. He clearly has that Steelers coaching approach; Knox, Cowher, Tomlin don't really have much say in play calling, they let their coordinators do it.

This is my long way of saying that if we had an amazing OC then Mularkey could really do well. Hell we already have DL calling the defense which is ideal.

Awesome OC + Awesome DC + Common sense HC, good motivator who the players love (Mularkey). This could work out really well. Of course this all starts with canning Jason Michael and getting a real OC.

Not trying to defend or promote Mularkey, just pointing out that if all the right ingredients get thrown in the pot, then the recipe could be success.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Annnnnnnnd

The excuses for Mularkey start.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 7
    • High Five High Five x 2
  8. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Mularkey must be hittin' it.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Don't forget Titans get a discount on that 15 million.. Subtract whatever the Chargers are paying Whis.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Probably not much, because they aren't idiots and they know he will get $15 million either way. Might as well pay him a low salary and let the Titans foot the rest of the bill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar