MS STRUNK, PLEASE HEAR US!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by piepsilon, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan80

titansfan80 Starter

What I'm saying is without interviewing a bunch of candidates to find out that he is the one, then it is a very lazy and cheap move. If they're bringing in Teryl just to satisfy the Rooney rule and not interview many other candidates (at least 100 they said was on their original "list"), they couldn't eliminate that many people without an interview. I know tuwy are interviewing Marrone, but thats only 1 other person. I do feel more comfortable if they interviewed at least 5 to confirm he is their guy. Let's give McDaniels a shot.

Also the simple fact that Mularkey will not fire anyone up. If he fires you up then I'm glad. I give everyone a chance but I just won't be excited at all.

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I don't give a rat's fuzzy a$$ if the players like MM. The players, many of which are "happy" just to be an NFL player and don't mind losing. F'em. CLEAN HOUSE....including most of the players. STARTING WITH MICHELLE "WHIFFIN" GRIFFIN.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

The longer this plays out (in parallel with the Patriots playoff run) the more indication that McDaniels is getting consideration with the FO. Marrone was interviewed yesterday....I have not heard any feedback or follow up to that, which is encouraging for those wanting to see McDaniels get considered.

I am not pining for McDaniels here, but rather I am pining for us to seriously consider other folks besides Mularkey. I was intrigued by Mawae's endorsement of Marrone yesterday (link below), and note that he implied interest in returning to Nashville to be OL coach if Marrone is hired.

Former Titans center Kevin Mawae endorses Doug Marrone as head coach - Tennessee Titans Blog- ESPN

I am in the corner that wants to see this done "right" rather than "fast". Last time we opted for "fast" and got Whis. Gase and Jackson both negotiated deals that gave them more control over personnel than I think Head Coaches should have, so I am not too upset that they are gone. There are good candidates out there yet, so my vote is to meticulously vet these candidates and make a choice. I would be fine if this process took a few weeks instead of a few days actually.

4. ropy0386

ropy0386 Starter

Agreed. If Robinson wants ownership to interview Daniels then they should wait till MOnday after their playoff game, and at least interview him...they have to interview Teryl Austin per rooney rule, but to at least not see what else is out there they could miss on something better...how do they not at least interview coughlin or Lovie?? If you eat chicken everyday you might miss on filet mignon.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Do not post full articles on this site. Copy a quote or two if you wish then include a link to the article itself.

6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Context. I dont care if theyvlike him either. I was just pointing out that itd odd that a team would quit on the coach, then come out and say they want to keep him.

And yes. **** Griffin

7. ropy0386

ropy0386 Starter

Y?

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Copyright infringement issues.

And it makes for some long posts that take forever to scroll through on a phone.

A short summary followed by the link is appreciated.

9. ropy0386

ropy0386 Starter

ok

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I did not want to say that, so I didn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar