Mularkey COTY?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by altitan, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

It was stupid to go for 2, made no sense at all

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

that was part of the plan, no?

miss on purpose to give the Chiefs a false sense of security so they played the final 3 minutes conservatively?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Let's also give some credit to the coaching staff on this.. I know Warmack sucked, but these nobodies on the offensive line are just killing it. Scheme has to be a part of that. They look like the Titans OL of old. Guys are playing great, and it certainly doesn't hurt to have 2 stellar RBs. "Most poverty" no more.

If so, that is a master plan. Mularkey for COTY.

Also, that little option/shovel pass play was genius.. the first time. Second time, not so much.

4. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

He has to be in the conversation.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I agree. Even getting it doesn't guarantee a win, and failing at it means a loss probably 90 percent of the time. The risk/reward just doesn't line up. Needlessly gutsy.

Thankfully Andy Reid/Mariota/Succop came through for us.

If the miracle timeout weren't called by Andy, Mularkey would be publicly flogged by now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I also liked that it showed he believed in the team

no one gets fired up over going for 1, but 2......

7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

All I know is, If I'm 2 yards away from a win, I'm taking my chances.

Even if the D is playing well, and gets a stop, your gonna be looking at 50 or so yards until your in scoring position again (and as we saw with the FG, that was a 50/50 proposition as well)

8. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

I don't know why you gotta come up in here all mature and adult like. Let us act like kids when our team is good for the first time in a decade. Geez TJ always gotta come in here with mature wisdom nonsense :)

9. iQon

iQon Starter

It will most likely go to Jason Garrett.

However, I'd be more impressed with our turnaround. Dallas had a down-year and they've bounced back. Big whoop.

The Titans on the other hand? 16 weeks of torture for nearly 10 years. If we finish the job and close the season on a 9-3 run, Mularkey is my COTY and it would be a shame if doesn't win the real award.

10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

No doubt Garrett will win IMO. Media loves to slob all over the Cowboys (just look at how many primetime games they got after a horrible season)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar