Mularkey finally realizing we don't have to run the ball to beat defenses?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

During Mularkeys press conference Monday he was asked(if the coaches want Marcus Mariota to run the football to limit his pass attempts)

His response...

"Yeah, I mean we want to be able to do that. But the one thing I liked about yesterday, we struggled early running the ball and we got into a mode with the no-huddle-which, again, is primarily throwing the football when we got into it-and I think we showed that we're capable of putting points on the board without having to run the football. That was a statement by our offense to say there is different ways that we can be effective scoring. We had the ball for only 23 minutes with 35 points on the board. Can't give them 17 points, but we can do it in many ways of moving the football."

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

More from Murray less from Mariota

That's what I learned Sunday

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Ive learned that defenses have keyed in on stopping Murray, and that Murray will eventually slow down with so many touches. Can't be scared to mix it up just because we turn the ball over every now and then. Making us a more one dimensional offense is the last thing we need to do.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I wasn't suggesting being one dimensional. I was saying Murray needs to do more for us with the touches he's given.

5. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

yea but it doesnt help when we make it so obvious we want to get him his touches. I think Murray needs to learn how to be efficient in shotgun formations.

6. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Murray had a toe injury and that is why he was limited in Sunday's game.
    I read that earlier today.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

I strongly feel Sunday would of been Derrick Henry's breakout game if he was healthy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

definitely moving in a good direction. offense has put up A LOT of points as of late.

9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

We run the ball to protect the defense. When in doubt refer back to this. Henry was going to get a lot of carries but got hurt. He knows we can put points up through the air, but not only does it not take time off, but eventually you are going to get an INT with a young QB. Percentage wise it is smarter to run, and it sets up the pass better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar