Munch is no Fisher. That's the problem!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danimal

Danimal Starter

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Ummm... Munchak beat Fisher last week. lololol

The problem isn't that Munchak isn't Fisher. Fisher sucks. The problem is that Munchak is Munchak.

Getting rid of Fisher was the right move. We just hired the wrong guy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

what a failure of a thread and a flat argument.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm not advocating Fisher i'm suggesting that we are not accomplishing our goals. When a coaching staff desire to run the football and defend the run better they need to do that.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I could have told you we are not accomplishing our goals a long time ago.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's true the Titans lack identity. Unless "mediocre" is an identity.

I'm listening to Blaine Bishop and he hit the nail on the head for me... it's about match-ups. The Titans need to be able to pass the football when they face a tough run defense. They don't need to drive a square peg into a round hole each game. The talent isn't good enough to force their will on the better teams in the league. Few teams can do that. Even the Niners, as good as they are, could not beat the Panthers because they can't pass the football.

You can talk about focusing on running the ball and stopping the run but one-dimensional teams usually don't succeed. The problem is the Titans are very below average both running or passing the ball.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Should've hired Perry Fewell

[​IMG]

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mentioned these stats on another thread but they really tell us what the problem is. They may surprise a lot of people.

1. We have 38 more pass attempts than runs.

2. We are only 14th in the league in rushing attempts.13 teams have more running plays than we have.

3. The opposition have run the ball a few more times against us than we have against them.

So based on those numbers the problem is running the ball too much it is not running the ball effectively. When a team is pounding it for 4.5 yards a pop they want to keep running it and can keep running it. At 3.5 yards a pop we are FORCED to throw too many times.I want an offense that runs whatever plays they want to run.

On defense the opposite has happened. We can't stop the run, we can't get off the field. Teams want to keep feeding the rock to their backs because they are getting results from it.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I think a lot of that stems from the fact the team has had to play from well behind in several games.

How are we for TOP and offensive plays per game?

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

CJ gets a two-yard gain on first down, the Titans are automatically in a passing situation on second down.

Also, the Titans seem to be playing from behind in most games.

The Titans have especially struggled at stopping running QBs. I think Luck will probably have success running on Thursday night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar