Munch "Not trading Cook. Not happy at 3-5"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amy

amy Starter

Excuse me? He is 3-5, we are 3-5. So how does that make him better than Munchak? Seventeen years vs. one should make him very superior. So the question is, what is he doing with his young ones that Munchak is not doing with his young one?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Hey and he ducked out of USC just in time to avoid their major sanctions. Good ole Pete.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

You have to put the record and improvement into context. Last year this team went 9-7; the Rams were in the running for the #1 overall pick most of the season and won all of 2 games.

Your second question is incoherent. I don't understand what you mean.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well, Munchak took a 6-10 Fisher team (that lost 8 of its last 9 games) and made them a 9-7. So Fisher needs to win 6 games or more... and I still think it's a reach. I picked them to go 5-11, and I still think it's possible. They still have to play the 9ers twice. Not sure they will win another division game, considering the rest (other than one 9ers game) are on the road.

5. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Ever heard the saying you are what your record says you are? Jeff Fisher is an incredibly mediocre coach, terrible coach? No. Amazing coach? No. He's right in the middle. Not for one second is he better than a Coughlin, Tomlin, McCarthy etc etc. He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as those guys. Put down the pipe.

6. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I am happy someone else remembers this. Old Pete sure is a class act...

7. smili

smili Starter

I like the change in offensive philosophy Munchak brought. We have to give it a time to come together, but I'm glad to see us try to get some offensive firepower instead of trying to win 17-14 on last second field goal. The game has evolved and more pass-based offense seems to be a needed part of it.

I have nothing against Fisher - but I do feel like his tenure had run its course here and was glad to see the franchise try something different when it came to that point. Munchak seems to be a class guy and they're trying to put together a new vision now.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Fisher inherited a lot worse of a team. Munchak walked into a great job and screwed it beyond belief.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

How did Munch walk into a better team?

He had no QBs, no offseason, no defense, an injured 'star' WR, and the 'best' player on the team going through a hold out.

Say what you want, but Fisher walked into ALMOST a good of a team as you could want THEN botched up his draft.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yep... pretty similar situations.

Fisher got McNair his first season. Munchak got Locker his first season.

Their teams were both pretty bad from the start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar