Breaking News Munch to return in 2013

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I too would like to see a change at DC. I hope Munchak does the right thing there

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Salary Cap differences don't come into a teams profit margin.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Sure they do.

4. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

I think Gray is staying. Even if Munch wanted Gray out of here, he couldn't get anyone to replace him. The only coaches that would come here for a year are ones that are on the street and would not have a job otherwise. Munch isn't going to fire Gray without having someone else lined up for the job. It's better for Munch to keep Gray than to replace him with someone equally as sucky that would have to install a new defense. It sucks, but that's what you get when you keep a terrible HC.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

MM already stated that giving up a record ammount of points was no way too judge a second year DC

6. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

it's not the coaches fault that the team sucks on a historic level. You have to remember that they were dealt a bad hand. You can't go around making rash decisions. If you consider a huge list of excuses, they were actually pretty good.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Comments on Titans and Munchak from NFL Network's Ian Rappaport

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...reid-gives-kansas-city-chiefs-a-proven-winner

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

What a load of chit.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

See that is a good point.

People here would've wanted Kubiak and Marvin Lewis fired a long time ago.

And maybe they should be, I don't know.

10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Yeah, Texans were 6-10 just a few years ago when they were expecting to finally turn the corner. I know a lot of fans wanted to fire him and start over, but they stuck with it and now they have been in the POs 2 straight year. They bengals are another good example.

I think that cutting ties with Munch right now is way too soon, and last year probably raised expectations for us which made this year harder to take. There were a lot of things working against Munch this year too.

I'm not saying Munch is a great coach, or is the answer for this team, but I don't mind being patient and giving it another year. If we don't see any improvement, then maybe its time to move on.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar