Breaking News Munch to return in 2013

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Historically bad on defense, runs qb sneaks on first down thinking it was 3rd down, multiple 12 men on the field calls on a game winning drive, running the run and shoot offense, looking lost on the sidelines, and paying random people big money and letting good players walk. Yea lets try that for another year!

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I feel like if you were in charge we'd have 10 new coaches over the next 20 years and be in a constant state of rebuilding.

I am also not sold on Munch but I really don't think he's had a fair shake in his 2 years and don't think 1 more year will irrevocably damage this franchise the way many posters have acted.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

This wasn't even his fault.

4. bassplyr

bassplyr Starter

One difference it seems between Munchak and the others mentioned is the apparent lack of a plan. For the life of me, I can't see where the Titans are headed on either side of the ball. At least Lewis and Kubiak have their special areas of expertise and know how they want to build their respective teams. I just don't see it yet with the Titans. Not that I am a Fisher fan, but at least you knew what the team was trying to do - run first, hard hitting defense, qb manages the game.

Are we building a pass first offense? Building around CJ? Are McCourty and Griffin the foundation for the defense? I just don't see the direction right now.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I kind of agree here and with the "identity" thing.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

left out GrAY putting 10 men on D in another critical situation

please continue

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Agreed one more year won't hurt us any more than we already are. But that also means one more year lost to get back on the right track.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It would be delusional not to.

We have zero identity right now, on either side of the ball. And we haven't even heard Munch indicate what he'd like the team's identity to be. At least not that I'm aware of.

9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

We don't need one. Munchak wants us to be the Tennessee Stone Faces.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Agreed.

It means we're at least one year behind. And it means we lost a year of some of our best player's primes. One of my biggest issues though is, if/when Munch is canned after 2013 I believe it's more than likely Jake Locker's time as a Titan will be done (assuming he doesn't light it up next year). And he would've never got the chance to play under/learn from a competent coaching staff.

But oh well. We'll see what 2013 holds. Maybe we win the Super Bowl. :drunk:

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar