Munch to Steelers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Funny how none of those teams who were supposedly so very impressed by Dowell LowGAINS' playcalling have snatched him up yet. :disbelief:

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Not insane at all pal. Have you watched the past 3 seasons? I am not saying that he won't be better as strictly a OL coach, but lets be honest, he had a HUGE part in the way this line underperformed the past 3 years and it wasn't like he made good adjustments, hires, or decisions. Munch is a nice dude, and not a good HC, and I am sure he will be fine in Pitt, but I am not gonna bone smooch on him because he is a good ex linemen like he was some stud coach...Get outta here with that bull..

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

I feel like teams talk positive about opposing teams whether they believe what they say or not.

I mean, I heard too often teams that were about to play the Titans talk up our running game and CJ. Obviously blowing smoke because anyone glancing at the Titans would know our running game SUCKED.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Going to look weird seeing Munch in Steelers gear. Steelers got them a pretty good deal.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No it wont, he's O-Line coach, you'll never see him

6. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I was thinking that also.

7. JCBRAVE

Velasco was lucky he lasted as long as he did with us.

8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

What is that supposed to mean? Velaso was Pitts best lineman last year.

The idea that we cut him for Rob Turner gives me a headache.

9. JCBRAVE

Oh God please tell me youre joking...

David DeCastro is head and shoulders better than Velasco. So is their OT Foster.

Velasco is actually one of their worst players.

10. Black Knight

Black Knight Rookie

I did not like Much as HC...and I'm glad he's gone (I like the way the coaching staff is looking)
    but read the stats below. As O line coach Much got it done.

Munchak, as a coach, is acknowledged as one of the finest teachers in the game. Only twice during his role as offensive line coach did he have the benefit of starting the same starting five linemen from one year to the next; yet, the Titans offensive lines were perennially one of the best units in the NFL. His offensive lines allowed the second fewest sacks (28.3 sacks per season) in the NFL with him leading the group from 1997 - 2010.
    Additionally, the Titans ranked seventh in the league in rushing yards (124.5 yards per game) during his tenure as offensive line coach and to- taled seven NFL top 10 finishes in rushing yards (1997, ‘98, 2000, ’06, ’07, ’08, ’09). The highlight for the group was a 2,000-yard rushing season in 2009 by Chris Johnson, who became just the sixth player in league history to reach that mark.

Just saying

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar