Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Munchak: Abraham wasn’t a good fit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 25, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans entertained defensive end John Abraham on a free agency visit back in May, but the team never made a serious bid to sign him.

Abraham, formerly with the Falcons, ended up signing a two-year deal with the Cardinals on Thursday. In conversations with the Titans, Abraham made it clear he wanted a significant amount of playing time this fall, and the Titans weren’t willing to make any promises. Abraham’s price tag was too high for the Titans, too.

Coach Mike Munchak said it wasn’t a good fit.

“I think we’ll do a good job rushing the passer this year,’’ Munchak said. “He’s been a great football player and has had sack numbers, but we don’t think it was a great fit.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Locker
    Moolah:
    $3,596
    Fair enough. I really hope we can still get a decent pass rush.. Pass rushing might be the single most important part of a defense. If you can get pressure, your entire defense will benefit greatly. (see 2008) If you get no pressure, your secondary will get shredded. Even the best CBs in the league can only cover for so long.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Brew City Case Race Champion

Casey
    Moolah:
    $2,809
    That's where Morgan's pro bowl season this year comes in. Casey and Hill pushing the pocket making things easier for Morgan and Wimbley.
    The Hammer high fives this.
  3. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,405
    Stefan Charles gonna be a huge steal for us.
    NcTitans_fan high fives this.
  4. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,435

[IMG]
  5. ColtKiller Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $4,055
    Pro bowl or bust really for Morgan. He hasn't shown much of anything. I'm glad he cut some weight and seems enthusiastic, but he needs to look like a first round pick this year. He hasn't looked like one yet.
  6. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,531
    Stopping the run is most important. Notice we sucked at that and lost a lot... Our pass rush was ok.
  7. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,531
    Hes hasnt shown anything? What?

Hes on the cusp of being a 10 sack DE, thats something.
    Jevoncurse and MilwaukeeTitan high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Brew City Case Race Champion

Casey
    Moolah:
    $2,809
    I'm even getting JCB on the Morgan Train! CHOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  8. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,070
    Dude played in the CIS. Which is about the same talent level as Division 2 NCAA. It is a steep learning curve. Not impossible as there are others. But I would not expect anything this year.