Munchak Appears Safe

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think Climer is just making a guess.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

wow... what an f'in depressing article...

'If Moore doesn’t bite, Munchak likely will appoint Dowell Loggains to the position on a full-time basis. Never mind that the Titans’ offense has managed fewer yards and points on Loggains’ watch after Chris Palmer was jettisoned with five games left in the season.

And then there is defensive coordinator Jerry Gray. After a defensive uptick over a five-game stretch, the Titans were downright terrible at Green Bay last weekend. Yet Munchak continues to defend Gray, which likely means Gray will be retained in 2013.

All in all, it appears the Titans are going to maintain the status quo — even when the status quo is mediocre football.'

(however, with regards to gray, i totally blame the offense. More specifically, Jake couldn't get absolutely ANYTHING going and the D held for much longer then I thought they or any decent D could against a red-hot GB team at home.

Still though, how I would love a proven QB right now... I mean with that I wouldn't mind Moore, or even Gray...)

4. TitanJeff

After reading the original article, I think Climer is full of :bs:.

A huge loss today and I think Munch is gone. Even if the Titans win, and Munch is kept, I think he has to look for new coordinators.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I figured as much.

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

but he made a good point, who will want to join a staff where the HC isn't guaranteed for more than a year.... no way he gets good coordinators... my goodness, we are just screwed all around it seems....

7. TitanJeff

Munch has two more years in his deal.

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

If correct I think it's fair. I've been as horrified as anybody at the team's performance at times this year, so I wouldn't be shock or saddened if Munchak were turfed, but honestly I don't think many would have faired better under identical circumstances.

Like Jeff, I think getting smoked at home by the Jags today would be bitter pill to swallow for Bud.

I come at this differently than most here.... I love Bud as an owner and view him as a pretty shrewd guy (rather than the senile dolt that some here feel he is). I've been through close to 40 years of ups and down with the old dude... there's no owner in football that I'd rather be at the helm. I know he's cheap ******* in many ways, but he's never been cheap when it comes to the product on the field; In the Moon era, the team consistently had one of the higher payrolls and never shied from signing big name players... if the people Bud had in charge wanted the cash to sign someone it's never been is issue for Bud to cough it up. During the McNair era, the team was always right up against the cap. Even in the signing of coaches Adams has never been afraid of spending big dollars to make a splash (signing Hugh Campbell out of Edmonton simply to land Moon, or giving Buddy Ryan big bucks to come in as DC back in the day). Adams definitely made some mistakes along the way (as any of us would have), but it's never been due to a lack of a desire or commitment to win.

For his sake as much as my own, I'd love to see this team finally ****ing win a championship again.

9. Danimal

Danimal Starter

Maybe a lesson has benn learned from the Colt's front office, and Bud will see to it our capped is spent and the rooster is filled with draft prospects and a mix of veteran free agents. We need a few more leaders in the locker room like Kevin Mawau.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Let's get blown out today then.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar