Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Munchak credits ‘Jerry’s defense’

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 8, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Titans Insider Titans News

PITTSBURGH The Titans allowed the Steelers just 195 yards and sacked quarterback Ben Roethlisberger five times.

Asked about the impact of new senior assistant/defense Gregg Williams, coach Mike Munchak made sure to credit defensive coordinator Jerry Gray.

“Jerry called the game. That is Jerry’s defense. It’s the whole staff’s defense,” Munchak said. “But Jerry called the game and called a great game.”

Gray was one of the first coaches out of the locker room after the game.

“It’s the players today, let them talk,” he said. “Give the players the props.”

Said cornerback Jason McCourty: “We all deserve credit. I know coach Gray doesn’t care who gets the credit and he’s been calling the games all throughout preseason. … All of us just want to play as a unit.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. Na$hville Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $1,732
    William's defense* Fixed title for you
    afcsouthdom high fives this.
  3. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,362
    LOL right....

Greg was on the sideline and Jerry was in the box. Titans coaches only go to the box when they want to hide, this defensive effort was because of Greg Williams not Jerry Gray.

But hey, we won they can say whatever they want, I dont care.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,367
    If I could give you 100 High Fives...I would.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,367
    Defense had Williams written all over it.
    JR1980 high fives this.
  4. JR1980 Starter

Moolah:
    $2,424
    I think we all noticed a difference with this defense, and we would be foolish to think that Williams didn't have a great influence on it. Granted, I know that the Steelers didn't have much of a run game, but the play calling was better, the coverage was tight, and the D-line played well. Jurrell Casey was a monster!
    Dman and afcsouthdom high five this.
  5. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $7,797
    munch should credit the players just as much as Williams instead of gray. Shot out to Casey as he played a monster game, love his enthusiasm and passion!
  6. RTH Meh...

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $7,315
    Only time the D looked like a JG run one was on the last series.
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,351
    Great. Add dishonest cronyist to the list of Munch complaints. He really is Fisher II, isn't he?
  7. TitansWrath Starter

Locker
    Moolah:
    $174
    I think Williams aggressive style is much more fun for the players, which makes them play better.

I just hope we keep him after this year, at the expense of gray if need be.